The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
renegade6

57 Truck what is it worth?

Gentlemen;

Now that I've got my project finished, I'm contemplating selling it. Any idea on the value?

To see what I've put into it, my build thread is on my signature but, a quick re-cap.

-New 350 small block
-Rebuilt SM465 transmission and NP205 transfer case
-Custom interior
-600W sound system
-New chrome everywhere
-Ashe bed wood
-Body off frame restoration. All underneath the truck is sprayed with body tinted bed liner
-Paint and much body repair
-S/S brake and fuel lines
-Under bed fuel tank
-Vintage air system
Attached Images

72 K20 Long bed stepside (wife's)
72 K20 Long bed 396 (flip or keep...?)
The latest build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...76#post8438476
renegade6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: 57 Truck what is it worth?

That's a great looking truck but I have no clue as to what it would be worth to someone else.

Things that might add value would be a detailed photo build album that showed each step of what you did and how you did it.
Showing things like the bare sheet metal being solid and straight before the primer an paint were put on with good photos of the regular trouble spots showing that they are good or were fixed correctly.
A detailed list of what was done to and what is in the engine.
Photos of the frame from bare sandblasted frame on up.

Things like that will show a prospective buyer or bidder why he/she should be willing to pay a premium for that truck and not be afraid of it. If you can't produce that info expect the offers to be quite a bit lower. We have had guys on here with horror stories of buying what appeared to be great trucks only to find that they were patched together rather haphazardly and used a lot of bondo to cover the indiscretions before painting it nice and shiny so folks are a bit wary of what they can't see on something like this.

Appearance wise, I really like that truck, it's all business and no nonsense or frufru to distract from it being a great looking truck. And the best part is that there is no apparent personalization to dissuade a prospective buyer.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Double nickle

Truly a nice truck!!! I hope you didn't build it to sell it as that is a real hard thing to do. It could be priceless to you and worth $20,000. to someone else. I could see you getting between $18,000. and $26,000. If you are a patient person you could see a price possibly a little higher but you will need to take it to shows and expose it to the buyers that have that kind of cash. Thanks for bringing another great truck to life, I love seeing them on the road again.
Double nickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
OrrieG

Hopefully a lot, because that is pretty much the way I want mine to end up. Nice job.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
Russell Ashley

That's a really nice truck, sorrry to hear that you are selling it. Someone will get a nice ride. I hope you get what you want for it.

I'm wondering why you are selling it, though. I converted my last truck to 4X4 and then didn't like the way it drove, and sold it. Is that your situation? Those straight axle 4X4's look great but aren't the best riding and driving trucks.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
meter swinger

Just looking at the pics, if it were mine i wouldnt take less than 20k. Id advertise nationally and be prepared to wait. Your rig looks to be in awesome condition.
There are not that many 4x4 s as clean as yours for sale and i would think that to be a huge plus.
What about the auction route?
Posted via Mobile Device
meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
renegade6

Folks;

Thanks for the feedback on this. Selling it to pay off some bills and not have to deal with moving it in the next few months, although if it doesn't sell, I will have to do that anyways.

It is now listed.

Orrie;

Got a lot of ideas from your build when I was doing this.
72 K20 Long bed stepside (wife's)
72 K20 Long bed 396 (flip or keep...?)
The latest build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...76#post8438476
renegade6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
OrrieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade6 View Post
Folks;

Thanks for the feedback on this. Selling it to pay off some bills and not have to deal with moving it in the next few months, although if it doesn't sell, I will have to do that anyways.

It is now listed.

Orrie;

Got a lot of ideas from your build when I was doing this.
Thanks, keep your thread going, I will be looking at it as I progress as well. Good luck with the sale. FWIW, I have had preliminary discussions with my insurance agent about my trucks finished value and he agrees the minimum will be in the 25K range with potentially more based on an appraisal. I will be insuring it as a daily driver with a assigned value.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
blackdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
That's a really nice truck, sorrry to hear that you are selling it. Someone will get a nice ride. I hope you get what you want for it.

I'm wondering why you are selling it, though. I converted my last truck to 4X4 and then didn't like the way it drove, and sold it. Is that your situation? Those straight axle 4X4's look great but aren't the best riding and driving trucks.
I built my truck exactly like renegade truck, looked really cool but didnt like to drive it much, so i backed up and rebiult it as a two wheel drive. Much more
fun to drive now.
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote