The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
madmopar
This guy has got to be stopped

1970 4x4 LWB on mid 70's chassis

I originally posted this in the 67-72 section, but the crowd over there is more 2wd focused, so I thought this would fit better here:

Original POST:

First off, Hello everyone. I've spent hours and hours reading this forum... I consider myself a MOPAR fan first, but have always loved these old chevy trucks. My granfather had several, and currently has a 68 swb as a daily driver. I remember when I was little, My father had a 71 3/4 ton 2x4 with a flatbed for a wood truck, and a 68 1 ton dually wrecker. I've always liked these trucks, but got drawn into the high price MOPAR crowd as a teen, and have been going that route for a long time. Recently, I picked up a 1970 c10 on a mid 70's k10 chassis at a tow-off auction for cheap. The downside is it came with a salvage title, but thats a minor detail. The upside is that body wise it is very solid. The only real rust issues I've found is a bad bondo job on the lower drivers door, and some rust starting on the kick panels. My original plan with this truck was to flip it or part it out and sink the money in my next project, but after arguing with a couple tire kickers, I decided to build it myself. Defending its honor to the tire kickers made me develop an affinity for it, so I figured I'd keep it and do it myself...

Here are pictures (bad) of the builder. Let me know your opinions. Keep in mind, this is going to be a relatively low dollar build... (hopefully under 5k)

Can anyone confirm that the front axle is a dana 44? I know the pic is bad... sorry. I'll have better pics later.

The truck came as a 2x4 LWB w/ a 350/auto with power steering & brakes. I'll get a pic of the glove box sticker.

I originally named this build Frankenstein MO Build, for my hometown, but I saw another Frankenstein (67) Build, so I'm going with "The possum", because I think it looks like and old possum right now... and for George Jones... The possum.

If you don't know who George Jones is... I feel for ya... but can't reach ya...

1970 4x4 LWB project: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415134

Last edited by madmopar; 03-02-2011 at 05:48 PM.
madmopar is offline   Reply With Quote