The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
Android04

Sub keeps kicking off - Can't find the issue

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year.

I have a Pioneer TS-WX1010A setup in my truck. It has been in the truck for roughly a year with zero issues. Now all of a sudden the sub will kick off and on and I'll see the power light dim down/off when it happens. I immediately thought it was a ground issue. So I redid ALL of the wiring and double, triple checked everything and even located a new ground. Still same exact issue.

Now here is the strange part, if the car is not running and the radio is playing the sub works 100% perfectly fine. No issues at all! Once you start the car and drive for about 5-10min or even sitting still it starts to happen.

Any ideas at all? I was thinking maybe a remote or RCA grounding out during driving but open to suggestions.

Link to Sub:
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...fer/TS-WX1010A
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:28 PM   #2
ChevyRacefan

Re: Sub keeps kicking off - Can't find the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android04 View Post
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year.

I have a Pioneer TS-WX1010A setup in my truck. It has been in the truck for roughly a year with zero issues. Now all of a sudden the sub will kick off and on and I'll see the power light dim down/off when it happens. I immediately thought it was a ground issue. So I redid ALL of the wiring and double, triple checked everything and even located a new ground. Still same exact issue.

Now here is the strange part, if the car is not running and the radio is playing the sub works 100% perfectly fine. No issues at all! Once you start the car and drive for about 5-10min or even sitting still it starts to happen.

Any ideas at all? I was thinking maybe a remote or RCA grounding out during driving but open to suggestions.

Link to Sub:
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...fer/TS-WX1010A
put a volt meter on the power and ground at the sub, what is the voltage at sub when playing the radio and truck off.
Now drive around when it starts doing it, what is the voltage.
Does the unit have a sub sonic filter switch?
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:02 PM   #3
Android04

Re: Sub keeps kicking off - Can't find the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
put a volt meter on the power and ground at the sub, what is the voltage at sub when playing the radio and truck off.
Now drive around when it starts doing it, what is the voltage.
Does the unit have a sub sonic filter switch?
Let me test that tonight and get back to you, I do not think it has a Sub Sonic Filter switch.
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote