The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Part Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
chopit

1954 bed

This is a nice straight (NO dents or dings that I can find) painted 1954 bed. Same as and will fit to 1959 with no alterations. Actually basically the same into 70"s with mounting bracket alterations. I have a 1950 project and don't want the horizontal top flare.

Paint is a couple years old, has some blister spots from poor prep and some chipping on top flare from mishandling. But going to have to be painted your color anyway.

This is local pickup to Northwest Arkansas but figured someone close may need it

$600 (same parts new from Mar-K are $970 + shipping)
Attached Images

chopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
Jurassic-1

Re: 1954 bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopit View Post
This is a nice straight (NO dents or dings that I can find) painted 1954 bed. Same as and will fit to 1959 with no alterations. Actually basically the same into 70"s with mounting bracket alterations. I have a 1950 project and don't want the horizontal top flare.

Paint is a couple years old, has some blister spots from poor prep and some chipping on top flare from mishandling. But going to have to be painted your color anyway.

This is local pickup to Northwest Arkansas but figured someone close may need it

$600 (same parts new from Mar-K are $970 + shipping)
Is there any rust?How close to eureka Springs are you? I live in Phx but have friends there.
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #3
chopit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic-1 View Post
Is there any rust?How close to eureka Springs are you? I live in Phx but have friends there.
1 hour from Eureka Springs. Over there a lot Awesome place to just hang out.

The bed was painted when I got it, had been painted about 2 years ago and guy said he had a **** painter. There are 3 or 4 spots with blistering of paint where I think there might be light surface rust underneath from poor prep. But NO pitted rust. Most of paint job is slick. Also anywhere there is a chip in paint on top rail a spot of surface rust has started to form from being exposed.

Even the spots I am describing are minimal.

First chance I get I can sand paint off 1 or 2 of the spots and take a close up picture.

Last edited by chopit; 02-15-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:00 PM   #4
Jurassic-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopit View Post
1 hour from Eureka Springs. Over there a lot Awesome place to just hang out.

The bed was painted when I got it, had been painted about 2 years ago and guy said he had a **** painter. There are 3 or 4 spots with blistering of paint where I think there might be light surface rust underneath from poor prep. But NO pitted rust. Most of paint job is slick. Also anywhere there is a chip in paint on top rail a spot of surface rust has started to form from being exposed.
Even the spots I am describing are minimal.

First chance I get I can sand paint off 1 or 2 of the spots and take a close up picture.
That would be great. I have a pretty nice truck but the bed sides are rusty on the lip where the wood fits the bed side. Can you please take inside pics? Thanks
Old 02-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
chopit

OK, here is what have picture wise. First picture I just bumped a loose chip out where there was paint blistering. This picture is on top rail. Couple spots like this on the bed. Nice clean steel with just surface flash rust from poor prep.
Second pic is of the bedside where it meets bed wood angle strip. Was a hard pic to take because of reflection in bedside paint of gravel drive, but you are seeing bedside reflection (paint is bluish purple, and angle painted black. It is in same shape both sides from one end to the other. Really good shape especially considering it is 4 years older than me lol.

Third pic is just to show how nice even the rear cross brace is.

The closer I look I even question if some of these parts were new when painted?
Attached Images

Last edited by chopit; 02-16-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #6
Jurassic-1

Looks good. I was trying to get a hold of my friend to see if he can store it for me for a few months. Can you do any less on it? I have a decent bed but this one would save some time when I get to restoring it.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #7
chopit

sending PM
Old 02-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #8
chopit

SOLD thanks
Old 03-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #9
Jurassic-1

Thanks for the hospitality and holding the bed for me. It was great doing business with someone who delivers what was advertised! Great meeting you. It was worth the 2500 mile trip. Thanks again
Old 03-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #10
chopit

Glad it was what you wanted. It was good meeting you and your daughter and I also thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Be sure and call next time you are in the area. If I have the truck running we can go for a cruise...