The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
RyanAK

Thumbs down Mooneyes

While working here in New Mexico, I bought a '71 C-10 Suburban as a project. It's a good, solid driver but I'm slowly doing some upgrades. I'm about to move back home to PA, and doing new rubber, shocks, sway bars, etc. to be in better shape for the 1800 mile drive.

While cruising the vendors online I ran across Moon. Now they don't have much in the way of parts that I'd be looking for, but I do admire their part in speed shop history. And I can remember Dad having Moon, Mr. Horsepower, STP, Holley, Hurst, Hooker, Offy, and other speed gear stickers on his tool chests from when I was a kid. There was one with a jackrabbit that I can't quite remember who it was for...

Anyway, this will be the first time Dad sees my truck, and I thought it would be neat to give him a way-back moment if I threw a set of Mooneyes stickers on the truck. So I found a pair on their site. $3. Cool. Shipping... $6.50... but says to ask for an accurate shipping quote in the comments section of the cart before they process the order. Nifty. So I asked if that was an accurate shipping cost on a sticker.

Long story short, I got a brief response saying everything is shipped Priority Mail and yes, it's $6.50 shipping, should they proceed. Told them absolutely not, that $6.50 is kind of absurd for a sticker that can be sent between two pieces of cardboard in an envelope. Just one less vintage vehicle flying the Mooneyes logo. The next communication was them cancelling my order.

There's an awful lot of value in a conversation that goes "Hey, neat sticker! Mooneyes! Are they still around?" "Yup!"

This isn't a negative or positive review. It just is what it is. But as a car guy in an economy where money is tight and every dollar counts, I keep things like this in mind when deciding where to spend my money. YMMV.

R

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-22-2013 at 10:02 AM.
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote