The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
ls1nova71

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytrucking View Post
I've been trying to figure out exactly what type signal is coming directly off the VSS on the tailshaft and I came across this:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...roduct_id=126/

Looks to me like this device would make this swap work without a pcm/ecm and it's only $89. Is so, it should work with any electronic trans with no computer. Anybody have any first hand experience with this?

I'm really trying to find a way to make this work!
I don't know if that will work or not. I actually have a Dakota Digital SGI-5, but it's a B and not a C, which I think is the older version and doesn't have a place for the sensor ground wire, but I could check it out sometime and let you know what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
I was thinking I could make a steel face to attach the decal to but now that I look at it it would be a PITA. I was thinking of eliminating the clear plastic and the black face but it would not be very easy due to the thickness of the clear plastic. The depth would be out of place as you said. arrrrrgh well for now I will go forward with the S10 clear plastic and black face. How do you re-attach the face with the decal? glue??
I like the idea of the metal face and eliminating the clear plastic part since you could do away with the trip odometer. I do see how it would be hard to attach though. THe spacing could be achieved by putting some small spacers behind the face and then use two small screws to hold it to the speedo part. It could work, but not sure if the two dots where the original screws go would line up with them, but I think they would be pretty close.

As for how I put the S-10 face back on the clear plastic, if you don't touch the back side alot, it will be sticky enough to just stick back on. At least the ones I've done have worked out that way. You could put some glue on it or a few pieces of good quality tape on the edges since you can't see them once it's assembled. The tape I use for such things is the aluminum tape for sealing HVAC duct work in houses, which I'm sure you're familiar with!

Also, don't worry about the "hijack", this thread is just information and your additions I think people will find helpful.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote