The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2023, 11:10 AM   #76
my56chevytruck

Re: For car guys in my general age group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
My granddaughter and her boy friend came over yesterday to do some Christmas stuff with us. Both of them are HS Seniors. Of course the topic of old cars and trucks came up thanks to me =). He told me he had a really old truck ... OH? Nice what do you have? 1988 S10 with only 130K miles. He was pretty pumped about it. I didnt laugh or anything I just said hey thats pretty cool. They were both born in 2005 so his S10 was 17 years old when he was born, and it was 33 years old when he got it last year.

Thinking back to my first car, a POS 57 Chevy. Was two years old when I was born, and 18 years old when I got it in 75. So his S10 was more of a classic to him time wise than my 57 was to me. Just seems weird haha. He did tell me his dream car is a 57 Bel Air.

I took him out to my shop the 71 C30 is still in there. I said so you think 88 is old, this is a 71 and it only has 80 some K on it. A C30 dually isnt for everyone, but he did seem to appreciate it, I think haha. My cyclecart is sitting on the back of it, I think he liked that more =)
while getting gas while driving my 56 2nd gen Chevy truck, I heard someone say nice truck man, I assumed it was me they were talking to. I was right, some young man on the other side of the pump was talking to me and said I have an old truck as well. of course I said, what kind and year. His answer made me duck behind the pump a while, it was a 90 GMC!! Wow I said, what you doing to it. He said, well just about everthing to get her running again. He asked me another question, do you use repops on your truck, because thats all I can find for mine. I was about done putting in the gas and told him about going to the junk yards for parts, NOPE he said, I dont' want used parts on my truck, I told him good luck and drove away.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 06:50 PM   #77
special-K
Special Order

Imagine that. Putting used parts on a used, I mean old truck! Good luck is right

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 07:46 PM   #78
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Used parts, the horror! I had an '00 Astrovan that got bumped in the rear. The bumper and brackets were bent. When the shop dug into it, they asked if I would accept used parts. As long as they are clean and not bent, go ahead. It was already a few years old. It was white, and I seem to recall that they didn't even have to paint anything.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote