The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
bobbyv

Smile LS Motor Mounts

I have a couple questions and I could use some help please. I have a 64 c10 fleetside short bed doing a LS swap using a 2012 l96 6.0 with a 6l90 tranny. I am planing a front cross member swap from a 1979 c10 with 2 1/2 inch drop spindles and 2 inch drop springs. The 79 c10 was a 8cyl diesel truck.
What do i use for motor mounts ? I have the perches from the 79 cross member Can i use them? Also I would like to keep the A C compressor in its mounting place (down low). I would like to use the stock exhaust manifolds if they will fit. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.THANKS
bobbyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: LS Motor Mounts

well lets see...
ac down low most likely won't work without frame cutting..
stock manifolds may not work...I'm not familiar with the layout of a 64 frame..5th gen camaro or trailblazer SS may work..may not...again..some frame cutting may be needed. .
for engine mounting.. on mine I used the smallblock clamshells on ebay adapter plates and stock frame side mounts...
also the oil pan may not work...especially with 4 1/2" of drop. .
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

I'd suggest reading thru the 60-66 forum and look for LS swaps...zach carver has a nice build.http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ghlight=snoopy.... brewcity comes to mind as well..I know there's others as well
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
68c10airstream

Mongocanfly is pretty much spot on with his suggestions. I'll add this info for your consideration; trailblazer ss compressor has the 2 lines at the manifold on top of the compressor are indexed front to rear, and clocked outward some, where as all others are indexed left to right which requires notching the frame rails. When i get to installing my 68/ls ac system this is what i will be using. I mocked mine up and it is close between the compressor and crossmember and my 5.3 ls sits very close (1/2") to the crossmember using the "F" body pan. I believe dirty dingo sliders combined with the 60's and possibly 70's mounts will hit the back of the compressor. I used the 2001 organ donor mounts and fabbed up brackets, thus eliminating the small block perches that go over to the side of the frame as these are usually trouble for headers. If i was to retrace my steps now i would get corvette mounts (look like hockey pucks layed flat) and corvette brackets as this setup will move the mounts inward and rearward completely out of the way.

When my compressor finally gets installed and if it rubs the crossmember i will notch it accordingly which bothers me less than notching the frame. My headers are shorty's for a 68 and newer nova, 3/4 length and there isn't a 68 small block perch in the way either, just kinda all works out.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote