The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
c10vortec

72 C10 winter budget build

Hello All,

This is my first build thread for the forum and I'm excited to finally take part in the action. I'll start from the beginning with the truck details- and also prepare for a lot of pictures!

I picked up this blue and white c10 locally when I was about 16. Dad didn't want a project for a first vehicle of mine, but when the seller hit the key and we heard the cam hit through the flowmasters we brought it home!

Name:  DSC01657.jpg
Views: 2589
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  DSC01660.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  DSC01662.jpg
Views: 2380
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  DSC01665.jpg
Views: 2400
Size:  73.2 KB

It started with a rebuilt 350 bored .040, with a small cam of unknown specs. We soon discovered that it averaged 8 mpg and used about a quart of oil every 2 tanks of gas. with this being my daily to school I was filling up every 4 days
Here is a link to a running video of the old motor- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQ6NcJDGDQ
sorry about the video quality, but it's for sound purposes only!

The rust is actually not bad for a Ky. truck. It has the usual cab corner rot, but the rockers are solid. There is rust in the lower part of the driver door and the cab supports on the floorpan are rusted through. The bed has spots on the inner side panels and floor. The tailgate was somehow mangled and crushed together in the center so we removed it and put a tailgate net on for time being. I have better pics ready for when I get the thread caught up to my current progress.

It has a power steering, power brakes, and a/c options. The a/c compressor was not installed when we bought it and the PO claimed that it worked at some point when he owned it, although some of the flared lines on the firewall unit have been cut.
c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote