The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: If you had the option, which of these grills would you use?
Original 66 painted grill 1 20.00%
64-66 C60 painted grill 2 40.00%
an original aluminum grill that needs to be restored 2 40.00%
the repo aluminum grill that is now available 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2021, 10:40 AM   #851
88Stanger

Re: pdx-sanity66

This is and a few others are getting me excited to get back at mine, been a while, life happens..... anyways, thanks for the motivation!! Looking good sir!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:32 AM   #852
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Thanks, my friend.
I'm getting ready to put the last coat of high build on the roof today. Everything is set up, I just have to give it one more wipe down with pre-prep and get down to spraying. The roof will be ready for paint prep after this and then get the windshield and rear glass installed FINALLY.
So jealous. I want to be there now, but i have a couple other items i need to get done first. I have a 1969 C10 with an LS i built last couple years and i need to remove the PSI wiring harness and install the new Holly Terminator MAX system i bought first, get that running good then move forward on the 1966. I cannot really complain honestly, this is a good problem to have, but i am jealous of your progress, it is looking great my friend.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:17 PM   #853
TJ's Chevy
6 in a row ready to tow

Excited to see the colors soon. Looking great. Prep always sucks but man it's sure worth it. I need to get out and get a bunch or parts cut and buffed for winter. lol
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:45 AM   #854
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
So jealous. I want to be there now, but i have a couple other items i need to get done first. I have a 1969 C10 with an LS i built last couple years and i need to remove the PSI wiring harness and install the new Holly Terminator MAX system i bought first, get that running good then move forward on the 1966. I cannot really complain honestly, this is a good problem to have, but i am jealous of your progress, it is looking great my friend.
Good luck on the '69. looking forward to seeing you back working on the '66.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Excited to see the colors soon. Looking great. Prep always sucks but man it's sure worth it. I need to get out and get a bunch or parts cut and buffed for winter. lol
Your paint work looks great TJ. I agree that good preparation is necessary. I am not going to paint the truck but I am looking for a painter right now. I know very little about putting down color and I've got enough invested in the truck to not risk messing it up.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #855
pdxhall

I took a couple of days off on Sanity to do some chores and errands around our place. Sanity is back outside and I'm ready to get back at it. The passenger door is finished as far as I dare go and is back on the truck and aligned pretty well. I need to raise it up about 1/8". The pass. fender is ready to put back on, just waiting for the cowl extension. Both of the cowl extensions, the cowl, and the driver door and fender will get a little more epoxy on some small spots that I got over zealous and sanded to bare metal. They are all in the paint booth and will get sprayed today.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:49 AM   #856
pdxhall

The body parts are back together for the last time until paint. Both doors, fenders, cowl extensions, and cowl are on and most of the alignments done. I have a few small adjustments to the cowl extensions and the hood still needs some finish sanding and adjustment but it is together. The roof and side panels are ready for paint. The next thing to do is the bed. I need to take care of a couple of small dings in the tailgate.
I also got my bed kit delivered from Mar-K and I just had to open the boxes and take a look at the white oak. I love it. I got Sanity out and cleaned off the dust.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2021, 11:20 PM   #857
cwcarpenter98

It already looks good now, I can't wait to see it in final color

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:41 AM   #858
jmarkha1

looking very sharp - nice to get everything lined up and squared away before paint - that light timber will look great in the bed...
Old 11-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #859
The Rocknrod

Yep I like the white oak the best.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:20 AM   #860
88Stanger

Looking Sexy there sir!! I hope to be back on the "66 soon. The "69 is almost wired up and ready to fire up. Then, on to the "66. But damn nice work here sir!