The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Hey i just got shafted! Take a look the sight of being shafted never looked so good!

Guys after making the tilt columns we stepped it up and made the show collapsible steering shafts. Unlike the original which is uglier than 10 miles of mud fence, this one is really flashy when you open the hood. It sports a CPP 3/4-36 universal joint with a 18" piece of CPP nickle shaft that iss connected to a CPP intermediate Shaft & Flange and a brand new CPP 13/16-36 ragjoint. These go hand and foot with the columns we just released but even if you already have the column this will be the best $90.00 you can spend.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Hey i just got shafted! Take a look the sight of being shafted never looked so go

do you know if I could get one of these with a different spline on the u-joint? I have a chrome column I got with a different splined bottom than factory...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Re: Hey i just got shafted! Take a look the sight of being shafted never looked so go

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
do you know if I could get one of these with a different spline on the u-joint? I have a chrome column I got with a different splined bottom than factory...
Yes i sure can, this was actually the question i was haoping to get. Yes if we manufacture the parts i will do it for the same cost. Great question.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

That's a nice looking piece Jeff. The joint alone makes it worth the asking price.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Jeff,

What about a price for a shaft with the billet u-joints on both ends?

Thanks,
Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
VA72C10
VA72C10

another quick question.....is this exactly the same length as stock? Do you offer it any shorter? I think you'd have a market for that for those with van tilts....they could have a shorter shaft and still have the collapsible feature in it instead of collapsing a stock piece to make their van column fit correctly...

I'm guessing after typing this that I could simply cut the end of the shaft and bolt the U-joint back on, correct???

Last edited by VA72C10; 02-17-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #7
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdailey View Post
Jeff,

Thanks,
Sure that would just be 2 universal joints and a piece of 3/4" dd shaft, sometimes guys dont like to do that for vibration in the steering wheel.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
another quick question.....is this exactly the same length as stock? Do you offer it any shorter? I think you'd have a market for that for those with van tilts....they could have a shorter shaft and still have the collapsible feature in it instead of collapsing a stock piece to make their van column fit correctly...

I'm guessing after typing this that I could simply cut the end of the shaft and bolt the U-joint back on, correct???
That is correct to sorthen it up you could simply cust the shaft a little bit.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Jeff,

Thanks,
$100.00 like that.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Sure that would just be 2 universal joints and a piece of 3/4" dd shaft, sometimes guys dont like to do that for vibration in the steering wheel.
Thanks Jeff. That's a good point about the vibration issue. I didn't think about that. I was just going for the "cool" look.

PM sent.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks Jeff. That's a good point about the vibration issue. I didn't think about that. I was just going for the "cool" look.

PM sent.
People do that all the time, just figured i would point that out. Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
Mike J
vw guy & now c-10 guy

So what if we just have the factory non-tilt column- I need to replace the factory rag joint, but it would be nice to just replace this whole section if possible, especially for that price! is it available for that?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
So what if we just have the factory non-tilt column- I need to replace the factory rag joint, but it would be nice to just replace this whole section if possible, especially for that price! is it available for that?
Basically i can make anyone of these up for you, just give me the spline count on the column and the spline count on the steering box and i can make one up. Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #14
Mike J
vw guy & now c-10 guy

awesome. i'll let you know when i'm ready for one.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #15
dv8customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Basically i can make anyone of these up for you, just give me the spline count on the column and the spline count on the steering box and i can make one up. Thanks
PM Sent
Old 02-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Damn it and I was just up there. This is another part I could use. Will be calling you once I get the body back on the frame.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
Old 02-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #17
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike View Post
Damn it and I was just up there. This is another part I could use. Will be calling you once I get the body back on the frame.
Right on bro! I am here for you.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #18
Shane
Account Suspended

Will this directly bolt up to a STOCK column on the upper end and a stock steering box on the lower end?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Will this directly bolt up to a STOCK column on the upper end and a stock steering box on the lower end?
This one is made to bolt directly into a 69-72 chevy truck with power steering, but i can make them special for whatever you need as long as i have the parts.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
BB72CHEVKT

How about a quick ratio power steering gear box?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #21
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Jeff thanks for your help getting the shaft ordered.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

I bought one of these last summer, and honestly this was one of the easiest upgrades, took me an hour, I think i'd have done it in 30 mins if the bolts on my old rag joint had'nt given me trouble. It looks so much cleaner than my stock one with the rubber boot leaking grease as it did.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger

Last edited by eightbanger; 02-17-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Resizeing image
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #23
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
I bought one of these last summer, and honestly this was one of the easiest upgrades, took me an hour, I think i'd have done it in 30 mins if the bolts on my old rag joint had'nt given me trouble. It looks so much cleaner than my stock one with the rubber boot leaking grease as it did.

Killer pics, this is the stuff i like reading.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #24
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!

Hey Jeff thanks for that same set up on my 60 Biscayne...it works and looks better than the old stock "grease slinger" shaft that was on the car!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #25
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdadfox View Post
Hey Jeff thanks for that same set up on my 60 Biscayne...it works and looks better than the old stock "grease slinger" shaft that was on the car!
No sweat! Glad it worked out!
Closed Thread