The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

Arrow WTB: High hump with hardware

Preferrably no rust. Need ASAP.

Picture and price of anyone with this piece would be nice. THANKS!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: WTB: High hump with hardware

I guess I should give more info here, I've gotten a PM or two about this.

More info about why I want the high hump is here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=179969

I would love to see a picture of what a high hump looks like or the different kinds - i hear there's one for auto tranny, one for 2wd and 4wd, and I heard some other things. I need one to fit my '68 stepside SWB. It should be bolt in. I would like hardware to go with it, but it's not totally necessary. I would prefer something without a hole in it already if possible - I'll need to cutout my shifter and it's probably gonna be quite a ways farther back than stock.

I don't know how it would fit with the pinch weld in the place it is on my cab. I would love suggestions on that also if anyone has them If nothing else, I guess I need to reinforce that guy somehow if I gotta cut around it.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 11-14-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

You need a High hump for a 2wd with an auto tranny, something like the one posted below, just in better shape, this one was a 4 speed but was poorly patched up to cover the hole for the stick
Attached Images

chevy_fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Paul... is that yours?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:47 PM   #5
shifty
Questionable

So, just curious - I found one just like what you posted above from a board member (haven't said anything to him about it yet, but I'm interested).

I guess I'll possibly need to get rid of my pinch weld on the firewall as well. Is this something people typically do? They just like ... cut it out and weld things back together?

Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #6
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
Paul... is that yours?
yep, old pic from back when I first got the Blaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
I guess I'll possibly need to get rid of my pinch weld on the firewall as well. Is this something people typically do? They just like ... cut it out and weld things back together?

You can just overlap the high hump on top of your stock floor and mark how big you new hump is, then cut about 1 in. smaller, so you have material to bolt the high hump to, most people just cut and attach the HI hump, which bolts down, no welding involved.

BTW Did you try Teeitup or Burnsman for a HI hump? they were parting a few trucks before, maybe they got a hump somewhere they want to part with? I've had the pleasure of meeting both guys, can't say good enough about them, top notch
Old 11-15-2005, 12:27 AM   #7
shifty
Questionable

Yeah, I was gonna check with the board vendors tomorrow. Just thought for S&G I'd post over here too.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

Did you find one yet?

TTT anyway

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #9
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Paul, you interested in seperating with that one... or is it needed for the Blaze?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #10
shifty
Questionable

I found one really close to home - it's just up the road in TN. Working out the details. Hoping to have it before Thanksgiving, but we'll see how it goes. I've gotten a few toys in the past week pretty cheap so I'm distracted from the truck - new home theatre setup (Onkyo HT-S780), a TiVo and I'm dealing with getting GM Parts Direct nailed for submitting false insurance claims over their crappy packing job.