The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2016, 11:50 PM   #1
GM-power

Re: Are you guys as disappointed with 07 and up chevy trucks as i am?

^ I agree, takes me maybe 10 minutes to do both. I don't really care to own one, not because there crap but just cause there to new for me lol.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-power View Post
^ I agree, takes me maybe 10 minutes to do both. I don't really care to own one, not because there crap but just cause there to new for me lol.
I am not sorry that I purchased mine. It is leaps and bounds over the 91 that I was driving on a daily basis. My plans are to keep it and upgrade the engine when it reaches a point of no return.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-power View Post
^ I agree, takes me maybe 10 minutes to do both.
I can finagle the headlights out in just a few minutes, but the daytime running lights.... they are too low... thats a 2 hour job...3

Headlight beef aside, I dont have any other real "Are you kidding me" reactions to my own '07 Tahoe, or the '14 Silverado I drive daily (Employer owned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
This has been a very discouraging thread for someone considering the possibility, however remote, of one day owning a new Silverado. There are some happy owners, but many are unhappy enough to make a prospective buyer look elsewhere. Not the least issue is poor headlamp performance, which really should not even be worth mentioning, but somehow GM can't even make good lighting anymore. I'll keep what I have, indefinitely if necessary, but it would be nice to have an acceptable replacement vehicle if I ever decide to make a change.

Just had to vent -- it's so frustrating that GM can't (or won't) do a better job.
My daily driver '14 silverado has the standard headlight package (not the Xenon) and I have never had a complaint about visibility. Everyone has their own standards, but I see fine at night.

The new trucks are pretty crazy, I always have to remind myself I am in a pickup... the dual sealed doors make the cab so tight my ears get weird when I shut the doors sometimes. I would recommend one to my friends in family if they were in the market (helped in-laws locate a '15 Tahoe and they are thrilled with it.

One thing to remember, unhappy customers will always look for a platform to express frustration, while happy people wont waste their time because its not a priority...

Last edited by Maximus; 05-24-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
Chevy's R Us

My 2007 single cab, 8' bed, 8 cyl. 122K, standard work truck might be the best truck I ever owned! Absolutely no issues and now that I switched to synthetic oil I nervously let it go till it tells me to change it. It has been 110-117 degrees plus here all week. Runs cool! I carry an extra key so I can run into a store or job-site and leave the air cond. on with locked doors. Only issue so far is the volume control on the radio is iffy. The HVAC blower motor a few years ago had some staples logged in the fins from me. Hell I didn't need tools to remove it! It was a breeze to bench it clean the fins and lube the bearing. Any of you ever have to remove a wheel well to get to a blower motor?
Attached Images

Chevy's R Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
HeavyD

I drive a '13 HD2500 2wd 6.0 for work, and can't say I like it much. Granted its a base model with manual windows(!) etc but the plastics feel hard and cheap, and the thing likes to rattle somewhat eve though there is only about 40K miles on it.

Motor/trans seem good but I am not to thrilled about the styling, haven't been for many years.

Great brakes! Eons above the GMT 400s.