The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
68Gold/white

Re: Grandpa's 72 restoration

Way Cool!
Who made the floor panel?
What part of Iowa are you in?
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Snake72

Thanks 68!

Floor pan was a Triplus, bought from GMC Pauls if I remember right. $500 shipped but worth every penny.

Im in eastern Iowa, near Iowa City. Truck is 2 hours away in northern Iowa at my FIL's shop, he tinkers with it when he can and I get up there about once a month for the weekend. Thus the slow process. Now that deer season is over, my weekends are a little more open
Snake72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
68Gold/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake72 View Post
Thanks 68!

Floor pan was a Triplus, bought from GMC Pauls if I remember right. $500 shipped but worth every penny.

Im in eastern Iowa, near Iowa City. Truck is 2 hours away in northern Iowa at my FIL's shop, he tinkers with it when he can and I get up there about once a month for the weekend. Thus the slow process. Now that deer season is over, my weekends are a little more open
Cool!
I lived in Center Point till I was in 6th grade (1970ish), moved to La Porte City for 2 years, then we moved to Fort Dodge, till 1976, then moved To Oklahoma. Was a blessing, energy producing states all had job opportunities after 76, the rest of the country was having a tough time.
I have a 67 and 68, following your progress. I have been welding some patches in the floorboard of my brothers 73 Camaro, still learning on that deal...welding thin sheet metal is a different deal from joining two chunks of steel together.
Replacing the whole floor was a good decision, my opinion.
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
Snake72

Advanced Design, yes the family farm history is great on this truck. Spent most its life in a 5 mile radius. But no, my FIL does not restore for a living. He used to own a body shop in the 70's so he has the knowledge but this is new for both of us.

68Gold/White, I've been through all those towns many times. It's fun to meet other Iowans. Too bad our Iowa trucks are usually so rough. Replacing the floor pan was the best decision we made, great replacement piece.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
Snake72

Weekend plans include stripping frame for sandblasting, tear down of the 350 and possibly get the TH350 off to the rebuilder. Still waiting on a door skin from my supplier. If any Iowa guys need body panels/metal, check out Jensen Camaro in Tipton. I've ordered most of my body parts through him and he takes 10% off catalog price and then I pick them up. Will probably save me over 1k in shipping alone