The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
Father&son56project

Project Fargolet- S10 Swap

Hello all! I am about to embark on an S10 swap build “with a twist”. First, a little background: My son Brian and I signed up on this site 10 years ago when we embarked on a build together and found lots of great info here. We restored a stock ‘56 Chevy 3200 series pickup as Brian was interested in old Detroit iron, rather than modern stuff. After that we had so much fun that we fixed up and slightly modified a 56 Chevy wagon, and it was during this build that we stumbled across a project that we just couldn’t resist. We found a post war pickup that was incredibly solid (turns out it came from western Canada) and it was so cheap that we both chipped in and bought it, then tucked it away in a barn. Since it had no drivetrain, and the steering, suspension, brakes, etc were shot, and the frame had seen some serious abuse, this was a natural candidate for an S10 swap. For a solid couple of years I have been researching the swap, and a good 95% of my information has come from this site, in particular the 47-59 board due to the popularity of the AD series swap. I finally found a perfect (for my needs) S10 donour and would like to start a thread on my swap, but there is one little twist here. The cab/fenders/hood/box that I am going to swap come off of a………………….Fargo!

Aside from the tinwork, everything else will be Chevy/GM, either from my donour S10 or from a junkyard. My swap looks like its going to be very similar to the work done by members such as Skymangs, Joedoh, etc. and some of the unique challenges that I tackle along the way may be of interest to anyone doing an S10 swap. This is the best forum on the entire internet for S10 swaps, and a respected senior member suggested that I go ahead and post my thread here. So if the membership and moderators are OK with my “slight twist”, I’d like to document my build right here.

Stephan

Last edited by Father&son56project; 11-23-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: more accurate title
Father&son56project is offline   Reply With Quote