The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
jimmyjammoto

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

How do you recommend material type? For example, is one more durable and more comfortable for a proposed daily driver? I'm sure location plays a part. Probably wouldn't want black vinyl in Arizona for a daily LOL. I realllllllly like that brown tweed bench..Do any customers send pics back to you of the installed seats to see how they mesh color wise?
jimmyjammoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjammoto View Post
How do you recommend material type? For example, is one more durable and more comfortable for a proposed daily driver? I'm sure location plays a part. Probably wouldn't want black vinyl in Arizona for a daily LOL. I realllllllly like that brown tweed bench..Do any customers send pics back to you of the installed seats to see how they mesh color wise?
I don't recommend material type, people tell me what they want. Personally I prefer the Velour. The Tweed is nice, the color is actually Mahogany. They did send a pic after it was installed. And the 2nd pic is my seat, Charcoal.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
TKCR

This is one of the 1st seats I sold. LDO is a member here on the forum. He drove all the way up from Mississippi to pick it up. Black Vinyl Deluxe
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #4
TKCR

Saved some more seats from being trashed or crushed. Got a couple of 77-80 seats. One seat, in pic #3 & #4, is a 1967-1968 bench. Already have them stripped down and off to sandblasting.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
TKCR

Spend the last few days building a few seats. All are listed on Ebay and the on the parts section of the forum.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #6
cdub2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Spend the last few days building a few seats. All are listed on Ebay and the on the parts section of the forum.
post from 5/19

can you tell me what brand of cover the two tone brown one is? will it fit a 77 gmc, what to do give for cores, say I pick up a seat and leave you my old one?
cdub2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub2010 View Post
post from 5/19

can you tell me what brand of cover the two tone brown one is? will it fit a 77 gmc, what to do give for cores, say I pick up a seat and leave you my old one?
It would have fit, but it has been sold. It was correct for 77-80 GMC. The only seat I have built up and ready are these:
77-80 Camel Tan
81-87 Black & Silver
81-78 Maroon & Burgandy
But any 73-87 seat will fit, they all bolt up to the floor of the cab, or any 73-87 truck. I take $50 off the price of the seat, for the core seat.
I can build pretty much anything, but that GMC seat. I do not have one at this time.
Attached Images