The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
71Sleeper

71 Ol' Blue

Hello Everyone,
I just found this site about a week ago and have been glued to it for hours on end reading the ongoing builds. A little about myself, I am 34 married with kids and really enjoy classic cars. I am born and raised in Alabama and love to hunt, fish and watch college football.

This will be my third 67 thru 72 chevy truck. Owned a 72 step back in high school and a 67 in my air force days (pre-kids) which I spent a lot of time and money on. Got out, married and then kids. So guess what happened next? New bills and wife said truck had to go. Still sick to my stomach to this day about it. And then to add salt to he wound I was stuck with driving a little sidekick. Now 11 years later I have found myself a 71 c10 custom that is very solid and all original minus wheels. Found on CL from a local guy who got it from the PO in Owensboro, KY.

Now I have a very big decision to make. Do I keep it all original "OR" customize? The boat anchor 307 motor fires up and runs but has a knock in the bottom end. Don't really want to spend the money on the 307 when I have a great 64 327 double hump head set up that would be a perfect fit. But number matching and loads of documents on this trucks keeps me guessing on what direction to go. Interested in any input. Here are a few pics to see what I am starting with.
Attached Images

71Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote