The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
DM310

Sectioned 60-66?

Has anyone sectioned a 60-66 yet? Just wondering if anyone has taken out the body line on these trucks yet. Printed up some pics and did some cutting and it looks pretty good. Anyone up for any photoshop to see what it would really look like. Imagine sectioned body line, chopped 4", then cutting off the rockers and laying door..... that would be one low truck
DM310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
jasonrmorrow

I'm not that great with photoshop yet but I'll give er a shot. Let me know what you think, I like projects like this. Hones my skills.

Last edited by jasonrmorrow; 04-04-2005 at 07:22 PM.
jasonrmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
jasonrmorrow

I'm pretty proud of this one, i had to add the yellow truck into the pass side window and extend the shadow on the right and move the door down. I also took out a guy walking by it's too hard to keep people lookin proportional. I think this one looks awesome, much better than my chop.

Last edited by jasonrmorrow; 04-04-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
DM310

I really like the 2nd one. That looks nice. I think I might have to go that route........ thanks for doing that
Old 04-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #5
DM310

Holly crap....... I went out and did some measuring and If I sectioned out the body line that would would be 8" there, chop the top 3", and then cut the rockers off 2". Then I would have to body drop it 2" which would be no prob. Then after all said and done when its laying door the roof would only be 42" off of the ground. That is one low truck....... who thinks I should do it?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #6
jasonrmorrow

Giver hell man theres already some wicked trucks on this board, i had to photochop mine to make me feel better about my rig, this board is pretty dead too we need some daily updates on a big project to keep things rolling. I posted the originals in the photoshop section if you wanna have a look.

I don't think it'd be extremely difficult to do either, I was thinking of how you would do a hood. You could just weld the sides on after you sectioned it and then cut out a smaller rectangle hood and use gas shocks or something simple, if you wanted that ultra clean line, since its only 42" off the ground you could weld the fenders to the doors and the doors to the cab cab to the bed and crawl in through the chopped window. How skinny are ya ?You want that smooth bodyline so you cant' have a seam like the original hoods do, then i got to thinking why not just weld the whole front end together to get rid of every seam and do a tilt front end, i've got a tilt front end pic i'll try to photoshop that up so you can see it sectioned with the hood in the air.

Jason

Last edited by jasonrmorrow; 04-04-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
DM310

Well I talked to my boys that would be helping me out on this and they think it sounds awsome also. We are going to take some more measurements and make sure it works out. We are going to base it off around the motor to make sure we have enough oil pan and hood clearance. Also if I am going to go through w/ it I dont see me running any huge wheel/tire combos either. I will keep you guys updated. thanks again jasonrmorrow
Old 04-05-2005, 02:38 AM   #8
kamikazegmc
Registered Smarta$$

i was reading this post, started to think you could go w/ a LS1, because you could get that hood clearance and some 17's would look nice, but that is my 2 cents.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #9
jwart

Short People

You Planning On Showing This Or Actually Drive It. Would Look Great That Short. My 65 Is Going Thru 3" Drop & Wanted To Chop But Realized I Only Have 2" Head Room Even If I Lower Seating But At 5 10" I Think I Am Going To Only Cut The Front Of Cab Raking To A Angular Look To Maintain Driveability & Still Have A Radically Different Roof Line. Keep Us Posted & Dont Forget Don't Ferget Ur Skid Plates.
jwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
jasonrmorrow

Yah i pulled out the tape measure the other day and 42" is a hell of a lot shorter than i thought it was. My buddy who was 6' sat on the floor and his head was 43" inches off the ground so thats gonna make for some fun seating. Lay down like a Mclaren F1 or somin. Might have to go with Viper style helmet reliefs hahaha. Anyways got yourself a digi cam ? cuz i wanna see pictures all along this thing, your the first one i've ever seen or heard of doing this to our trucks. Its gonna be a ton of work but it'll be the craziest 60-66 I've ever seen. Now get er done !
Old 04-10-2005, 01:19 AM   #11
DM310

Yes I am still planning/thinking how to do this. I will not be able to get it into the shop until may but I will forsure keep you guys updated