The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
MALIBLOC

1955 chevy truck door glass channel rattle

I installed everything new in my doors and its seems like the Glass Channel rattles, and its bugging the hell out of me. I soundproof everything in the cab and installed all new everything but the rattle is constant and annoying.
Im going to open the door today and I was curious , has anyone ever glued the channel or maybe squeezed a drill in there and put a screw thru the channel to set in place. Its snug on the top part of door , but where it goes straight down to the botton, I believe is loose and not properly seated in channel

Just looking for options, thanks
MALIBLOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
65blackfleetside

Re: 1955 chevy truck door glass channel rattle

Are you referring to to channel that the glass sits in with the glass tape or the channel that the window regulator rides in and is bolted to the door?

I asked because My drivers side door on my 51 has a chirp that drives me nuts!! It does it about 50% of the time when i drive down the road.

Like you.. I dynamatted everything!- including the inside of the door skins. roof, floor etc.

Not sure where exactly the chirping is coming from inside my door but it could be what you are referring to?
Old 03-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
paulspickupparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALIBLOC View Post
I installed everything new in my doors and its seems like the Glass Channel rattles, and its bugging the hell out of me. I soundproof everything in the cab and installed all new everything but the rattle is constant and annoying.
Im going to open the door today and I was curious , has anyone ever glued the channel or maybe squeezed a drill in there and put a screw thru the channel to set in place. Its snug on the top part of door , but where it goes straight down to the botton, I believe is loose and not properly seated in channel

Just looking for options, thanks
Did you use setting tape for the window to fit in the channel or how did you install ?
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
MALIBLOC

I hear you it drives me crazy cause my cab is basically sound proof but the channel rattles .
Im referring to the channel that is bendable and goes from the top of the window around the top and down the back of door into the body of the dory , I think its about 38-40" long.
It gets held in place by the removal channel by the window but as it goes down into the door , I was hoping when the window was down it would seat itself , but I don't believe it has , rattle is constant and annoying as hell.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
Johns327

Since it rattles when the window is down, this may sound crazy, but have you tried locking the door.
The dang door handle mechanism will rattle on a unlocked door. Mine are stock, all new hardware, and rattle, drives me crazy. But I lock the door and it’s gone.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
MALIBLOC

So I open the door again and what I needed to do was trim the weather strip window channel to the correct length and slide it into the window channel and there is a strip of metal that holds it in place, problem fixed
Old 04-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #7
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALIBLOC View Post
So I open the door again and what I needed to do was trim the weather strip window channel to the correct length and slide it into the window channel and there is a strip of metal that holds it in place, problem fixed
Oh, I think I get it - the channel wasn't slid into the little clip that secures it.