The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
68Stepbed

ECE trans. x-member

OK, I'm going to be performing an LS swap in my 68. I'm going to use 6-cyl towers which will set it back approx. 2.5" and the adapter plates I have will set it back another 1.25". That means I need to move my trans crossmember mount rearward at least 3.75"(That's if I stick with the TH350, even more if I swap to a 700R4).

The problem with this is I have an x-pipe installed that tucks up close to the frame and the stock trans crossmember dips slightly below the frame rails which will interfere and hit the x-pipe. So I'm going to have to change the crossmember. ECE makes a nice piece that looks as if it mounts above the frame rail hieight.

Has anyone used the ECE trans crossmember? Does anyone have pics of it installed?

If not, what aftermarket trans. crossmember have you installed?

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Daaaanz67

Re: ECE trans. x-member

I'm using one on my ls swap ece motor mounts and trans x member. X member lined up with original holes on frame. Used x member so I can run exhaust above it and cut 4 inch holes on rear trailing arm and run the exhaust through x member keeps exhaust tucked tight if your truck is lowered. Only down side with using ece motor mount are have to use 98 99 f body manifolds or the Doug thorley thy-324y-c headers which fit this set up nicely but expensive. Check out hart rob build on ls1 tech I think around post 933 very nice build read the whole thing if u have time. Ok I'll quit rambling on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote