The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2022, 09:24 PM   #1
mr48chev

Nifty and useful 20 dollar stocking stuffer

Back story, The other day there was and add for a digital DC test light with voltage read out on it on FB. As I have been burned by a couple of those FB advertisers I checked Amazon for one and found this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VN5BB31...roduct_details

It's a pretty cool item that works, is pretty well made and most of will use the tar out of one. It does two tasks that we are always dealing with on here as a group. Do I have power to this point? Plus how many volts do I have there I have?

I'm going to get my son one as they have horse and cattle trailers that they tow all the time and you are always testing light circuits on those along with just needing to troubleshoot. I'll have to check with my daughter to see if my son in law would like one.
In my book it is a good low buck gift for anyone into cars or trucks at any level.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:54 PM   #2
leegreen

Re: Nifty and useful 20 dollar stocking stuffer

I like it, a car guy stocking stuffer thread

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07931MKVZ
Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  19.0 KB

these are great for indoor use, under dash, inside doors, drill press etc. a good combination of magnet vs weight for use on sheet metal. Bright enough but not so much they leave you seeing spots
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:18 PM   #3
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Back story, The other day there was and add for a digital DC test light with voltage read out on it on FB. As I have been burned by a couple of those FB advertisers I checked Amazon for one and found this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VN5BB31...roduct_details

It's a pretty cool item that works, is pretty well made and most of will use the tar out of one. It does two tasks that we are always dealing with on here as a group. Do I have power to this point? Plus how many volts do I have there I have?

I'm going to get my son one as they have horse and cattle trailers that they tow all the time and you are always testing light circuits on those along with just needing to troubleshoot. I'll have to check with my daughter to see if my son in law would like one.
In my book it is a good low buck gift for anyone into cars or trucks at any level.
I seen those on FB also.

I am glad you posted this.

I just made an Order

I got some of my Christmas list checked now.

I did order 1 for myself just Because I don't want to give any one a Bad Present.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:23 PM   #4
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreen View Post
I like it, a car guy stocking stuffer thread

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07931MKVZ
Attachment 2235009

these are great for indoor use, under dash, inside doors, drill press etc. a good combination of magnet vs weight for use on sheet metal. Bright enough but not so much they leave you seeing spots
Well since you posted this great deal on a Light

Now I got More of my Christmas list Checked.

I also order one of these for myself

Just for testing purposes.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:48 PM   #5
mr48chev

Dang, I'm going to have to put that light on my list Leegreen. That looks pretty handy. Not bad gift to give someone either.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #6
8man

Thanks, Mr48, I just got mine!
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:28 PM   #7
MD2020

Quote:

I have one of those I bought yearssssssssss ago, no info but lights the bulb.
I had a 1982 chevy truck at one point and the cruise control did not work, I found the problem with it and got it working, I still use it.
MD2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:34 AM   #8
mr48chev

I've got several regular test lights. One stays on my one ton and one stays in my Boat. I always carried one in my tool bag in my 48 and used it far more often on friends rigs than my own on road trips. If this one works out like I hope, I am buying at least one more for my tow rig as knowing that you are actually getting 12 V back to the connection can really help with trouble shooting. I've never taken a good photo of the snake pit under the back of the 77 flatbed but before I redo the wiring I'll get some photos. The truck had been the shingle catcher dump runner for a roofing company for part of it's life and the tail lights are wired with a flat wide yellow extension cord.

The plus for me is that this test light tells you if you have full voltage even though your light lights up. That lets you know if you have a resistance in the circuit bleeding off volts. = my tail lights are real dim. Why? OOPs even though I have power I only have 8 volts getting to the lights>

Old 12-02-2022, 12:41 PM   #9
mobileortho

Quote:

Just ordered one, thanks!

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:43 AM   #10
leegreen

I picked up 4 of these small 'V type welding clamps' on sale at our discount tool place.
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  29.3 KB
I like them for working with sheet metal.
Particularly good at holding unusual shapes, or pieces that meet at strange angles.

couple bucks each on Amazon if anyone needs to buy themselves a stocking stuffer
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 09:33 AM   #11
dsraven

i just picked up those magnets too, princess auto. it was a zoo there but I found them finally.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #12
dsraven

I have some of the larger magmets, with the forked hook bolted on them. they work great to hang something on the top lid of your toolbox, but if you unbolt the hook you can bolt on a knob and use it to hold doors closed, hold parts for assembly etc. they hold about 10 lbs.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/10-l...t/PA0008713398
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #13
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2020 View Post
I have one of those I bought yearssssssssss ago, no info but lights the bulb.
I had a 1982 chevy truck at one point and the cruise control did not work, I found the problem with it and got it working, I still use it.
I've got regular test lights everywhere, in the tool kits in most of my vehicles and in my tool box.. Unless the light is real dim they don't telll you if you have a voltage drop where you are checking meaning excess resistance in the line.

When things dry out I have too rewire the lights on the back of my 77 Flatbed 1 ton as that is the biggest mess you have ever seen. I want too sell that truck but am not putting it up for sale like that. This light should help a lot there.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #14
vics stuff

I just ordered 3ea of those testers.
Vic
vics stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:26 PM   #15
mr48chev

I need to order one for my son and daughter in law but she would probably use it as much or more than he did. That little cowgirl doesn't stand back and wait for anyone to do anything and there is very little she can't do as well or better than anyone else. He won the lotto there.