The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #7001
ACK

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Recently purchased a chunk of the parking brake cross member from Travis, cut it apart, cleaned, primed & painted, then today was the install. Also put the drive gear in to get the speedometer working. Amazing how a DMV inspection can motivate ya'.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #7002
Trsmotrhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped up View Post
The old springs look like they were heated up to me, for the old school drop
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know if they were or not. It did sit very high. I got them out of a 72 I got for the disk brakes and 5 lug rear. It rode like a wagon with those huge springs. It rides 100% better now. The old 63 springs had been heated and cut. What mess, truck sat crooked
Posted via Mobile Device
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=544174
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #7003
Trsmotrhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACK View Post
Recently purchased a chunk of the parking brake cross member from Travis, cut it apart, cleaned, primed & painted, then today was the install. Also put the drive gear in to get the speedometer working. Amazing how a DMV inspection can motivate ya'.
I need that assembly also. You know anyone else that might have one? Looks great all cleaned up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #7004
Trsmotrhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemifalcon View Post
CPP sent me a set of those "wire gauge" springs for my suburban-- I was like "that $hit ain't gonna work!"
Did you end up using them and if you did, did you end up liking them? I drove all around town today to try then out and rode much better. Didn't get an upset an stomach. I don't plan on hauling anything heavy. I have my Duramax and trailer for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #7005
steveb64

Test fitted my rebuilt Cad 500 engine and TH400 trans.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #7006
jayoldschool

Very nice. I'm the mod at the RWD section of the Cadillac Forum. Post it up there, the guys will love it. I've got an 81 Cadillac coupe with the bigblock/TH400.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #7007
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb64 View Post
Test fitted my rebuilt Cad 500 engine and TH400 trans.
Like a glove

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #7008
Trsmotrhed

Signed up as a premium member
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #7009
Hx16457

Ordered 700R4 mechanical speedo tail shaft kit! Looked at my truck that I thought only needed exhaust. Now a replacement trans is sitting on saw horses and awaiting parts!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #7010
jcramsey

I put mine to work today. Tore down a neighbors old shed and hauled it away....to my house
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #7011
AngryPirate

Cut out the rusted part on the tailgate that's going to eventually end up with the bed I have to fix up. Hand fab'd the patch panel. I little more filling welds and grinding and it'll be ready for a tiny bit of body filler, prep and paint!
Attached Images

Last edited by AngryPirate; 02-18-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #7012
jesseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sams60gmc View Post
Whats up guys? So I did a search on this forum board and didn't see anything like this. But anyways I'm part of a forum board that is based out of Southern Oregon/ Northern California and they have a thread in there that is titled what did you do to your car today. It is pretty cool so I figued it would be cool to start one here. It can be as minor as an oil change or a wash job or as major as a cab swap and anything in between, its just cool to see what others do on thier trucks on a daily basis. Let me know what you guys think!
Cheers.
I am in Medford. We should swap truck stories some day.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #7013
TehNewGuy

Little late due to computer problems but I took the truck to her first Car Show! The Annual Classics by the bay, looks like a great day but it was cold... even for miami was 45 when we first rolled in. I was probly the rattiest truck there (no rat rods showed at all, and everyone elses car/truck was in pristine condition) But like a few guys mentioned my truck got in the line up when other people didn't even show up. Only 60-66 truck in the whole place! BOOM! First picture is the truck inbetween a buddies bagged 95 (he used to work there so they let him slide the truck in ) and a 63 Belair. The other one is a little thing they give you for being in the show. wish I had taken more pictures of all the cars/trucks. Oh well, next time. Had Awsome time can't wait for another one...
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #7014
Trsmotrhed

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehNewGuy View Post
Little late due to computer problems but I took the truck to her first Car Show! The Annual Classics by the bay, looks like a great day but it was cold... even for miami was 45 when we first rolled in. I was probly the rattiest truck there (no rat rods showed at all, and everyone elses car/truck was in pristine condition) But like a few guys mentioned my truck got in the line up when other people didn't even show up. Only 60-66 truck in the whole place! BOOM! First picture is the truck inbetween a buddies bagged 95 (he used to work there so they let him slide the truck in ) and a 63 Belair. The other one is a little thing they give you for being in the show. wish I had taken more pictures of all the cars/trucks. Oh well, next time. Had Awsome time can't wait for another one...
That's cool you showed up and participated. We have a Rocky Mtn Nationals this June and my truck will no where be done. still debating putting mine in the show. Kinda intimidating all the tricked out cars and trucks and mine not so show ready.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #7015
64shortbox

Well not today but over the Presidents 3 day holiday weekend - I pulled the motor & transmission, dropped the 64 suspension & spent an entire day scraping, degreasing & cleaning up the underside of my truck of 49 years of grease & gunk. I rented a pressure washer and thought I would be done in a couple of hours WRONG! How about most of the day. I would pressure wash the truck then the driveway under my truck, crawl under my truck and find more spots I missed. I did this many, many times until everything was completely clean (or so I thought) I then pressure washed my driveway, gutter & street of the residule grease off my truck, cleaned up and returned the pressure washer. Monday the holiday I THOUGHT I would do a little scuffing & sanding, paint teh frame & firewall but found the gutter was a mess after everything dried up not to mention I missed a "FEW" spots on the truck. So today after it warms up a bit, some final degreasing, scuffing and painting IF I can beat the incoming 15 MPH winds. If not I'll have to wait until sunday to do my painting & hopefully install my 75 rebuilt disc brake suspension.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #7016
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I can certainly appreciate what a thankless task that is. I just went through the same drill a year or so ago. Ugly, stinky, and messy. It might have gone a little easier if I could have hooked up to a hot water source, but my water heater is too far away and I don't have an industrial hose that could take the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64shortbox View Post
Well not today but over the Presidents 3 day holiday weekend - I pulled the motor & transmission, dropped the 64 suspension & spent an entire day scraping, degreasing & cleaning up the underside of my truck of 49 years of grease & gunk. I rented a pressure washer and thought I would be done in a couple of hours WRONG! How about most of the day. I would pressure wash the truck then the driveway under my truck, crawl under my truck and find more spots I missed. I did this many, many times until everything was completely clean (or so I thought) I then pressure washed my driveway, gutter & street of the residule grease off my truck, cleaned up and returned the pressure washer. Monday the holiday I THOUGHT I would do a little scuffing & sanding, paint teh frame & firewall but found the gutter was a mess after everything dried up not to mention I missed a "FEW" spots on the truck. So today after it warms up a bit, some final degreasing, scuffing and painting IF I can beat the incoming 15 MPH winds. If not I'll have to wait until sunday to do my painting & hopefully install my 75 rebuilt disc brake suspension.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #7017
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Good for you attending your first show. It can be a lot of fun no matter what you're driving. I've been to many shows where most of the cars had paint jobs that cost 10 times more than my whole truck is worth, and others where my truck was nearly the best vehicle attending. What I've found is that most participants and spectators like what they like, and the cost to build doesn't necessarily relate to popularity. I'm glad you had a good time. Don't feel too bad about not taking more pictures. The first show I attended I didn't even think about bringing a camera! I kicked myself and never made that mistake again.

By the way your truck looks great in the line up photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehNewGuy View Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #7018
wutnxt

Location: vancouver b.c....is the biggest place most people would know but I am actually out in the valley 45 mins away

I am a little late......and it's not all the way in yet....but it's stuffed in pretty close.
Attached Images

1966 SBFS street HULK http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post5886625

Poject Low and go gets a 6.2 ltr LSA supercharged with 6 speed automatic

Aluinum Radiator Dealer pm for details
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #7019
rifraz

I have been sanding trying to locate problem areas. Found them. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #7020
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I had good intentions of doing a walk-around video of the truck today since we had some very nice sunshine for a change. I modified an old plastic Wii pistol to stabilize the video camera, and then decided to take a nap. When I woke up it was dark out, so I don't have anything to show for the productive thinking!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #7021
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I had good intentions of doing a walk-around video of the truck today since we had some very nice sunshine for a change. I modified an old plastic Wii pistol to stabilize the video camera, and then decided to take a nap. When I woke up it was dark out, so I don't have anything to show for the productive thinking!
I'm speechless Jerry... speechless hope you had a great nap

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #7022
Hx16457

Well I added the mech speedometer parts to the 700r4 with proper driven and drive gears to match my 3.73dif w/29" tires. The added the torque convert lock up kit from TCI.
Then we (wife and I) put the trans in.
Now I am moving the crossmember and connecting the 12V power to the converter vacuum switch.
Side note; this is a used trans and I really hope it's good! The PO said it was fine when pulled, and I know the guy.... This is a lot of work to have to take it back out!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #7023
dantimdad

Painted the engine. Didn't turn out quite as good as I wanted but, the parts that show look good.

Steven

Matt. 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...=507266&page=2
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #7024
Trsmotrhed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hx16457 View Post
Well I added the mech speedometer parts to the 700r4 with proper driven and drive gears to match my 3.73dif w/29" tires. The added the torque convert lock up kit from TCI.
Then we (wife and I) put the trans in.
Now I am moving the crossmember and connecting the 12V power to the converter vacuum switch.
Side note; this is a used trans and I really hope it's good! The PO said it was fine when pulled, and I know the guy.... This is a lot of work to have to take it back out!
Posted via Mobile Device
Hope it's a good one. Took the same gamble on engine tranny combo and works great. Sounds like you're doing a great job hooking it up and you have the wifey helping, that's awesome she's helping.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #7025
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACK View Post
Hey Ack
What is that parking brake arrangement from?

Closed Thread