The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2022, 04:00 PM   #1
Bigzack

wheel tire combo

I've been researching to find out if my stock height 71 Suburban will ride and turn with this combo, found a set of 5x5 17x9 black steel wheels with 255/60R17 tires, as it is currently sitting, not running and unable to to a dryfit
I need advice from the vast member pool. thanx
Bigzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:14 PM   #2
LT7A

Re: wheel tire combo

I'm guessing whatever deal this was has passed you by. I don't own one of these but I hop over here now and again just to see what's going on. you would need to give quite a bit more information for somebody to tell you if these wheels fit. Like at least manufacturer. If your truck is stock, then don't you have six lugs? In which case those wheels wouldn't fit, but I don't mean to state the obvious or insult you. But if your truck is still 6 lug then saying that you were going to convert it would be an important piece of information. Hope this helps for next time around. If I were you, I would read people's build threads and see what size of wheel and tire they are putting on their Suburban. Then you would have an idea of the range that would be open to you.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote