The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 73-87

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
ellisjay2

Same quadrajet instead of double pumper holley???

Im throwing this into my work truck just for basic use non hot rodding, Old motor is out, have another now. The person I got used engine from gave me the holley 600 or 750 not sure which with it, but I know thats one for high performance versus daily normal driving. Couldnt I just go back with my old quadrajet 4 barrel, and buy an adapter to make it fit on the edlebrock intake?? Intake is a 2701 performer esp. Im not too familiar with holleys.

In the pics I just have the carbs laying on top of manifold, even with holley there was a vacuum port at back of intake that would get in the way, unless space adapter raises carb high enough, ill get a pic of it....sorry
I was trying to add my next question under images but having a problem, these headers, are they just shorty headers? i have to order new gaskets but wasnt sure what kind they were, also on the new ( red pulleys fan in bottom pic), the bracket for alt and power steering are wider than my original setup, as I have plenty of space under hood, would it matter to change it to original, alt is mounted straight to block with small bracket, power steering kinda of the same.....
Attached Images

86 gmc 2500 longbed Carb 5.7, rwd,
400 tranny.

Last edited by ellisjay2; 07-28-2021 at 06:22 PM.
ellisjay2 is offline   Reply With Quote