The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
Marine-58

72 C10 BBC Headers

Hello everyone, It has been a long time since posting but finally getting back to the C10. The current project is to swap out the 383 small block for a 502 that I'm building right now. Looks like everything is pretty much covered but in seeing all the posts about header issues, thought it would be prudent to ask.

Just to lay it out in case there are any questions - 72 C10, 700R4 with a tubular trans cross member and B&M floor shifter. Lowered 4" front and 4" rear. It does have AC, Power Steering, and Power Brakes. Haven't picked out the starter yet, but will be smaller high torque. Not pertinent but it is 12 bolt with 4.11 gears.

I already bought the perches and engine mounts for a 72 with a big block. In looking at headers and from what is posted here, the Chevelle headers fit and are higher than C10 headers. One post had some pictures showing the Che3velle headers dump right into the Trans cross member. I think that the tubular cross member will be ok, but if it needs to be modified, no worries. I'm more concerned with header fitment to get below the floor pan. Could go with shorties, but want to get full length if possible...

I'm just looking for some input before purchasing these that I found on Summit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2455-1hkr

Right now it is just an open engine bay so pictures would be boring. I will be glad to post some once this is done. Thanks to all in advance.

69 Corvette convertible 454/650
Marine-58 is offline   Reply With Quote