The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
4thgencreamsicle

Temp/fuel gauge resistor…will this work?

Everywhere I have checked for replacements for the resistors for the original temp and fuel gauges have discontinued the item. Mine are the old wire wrapped style but even the newer style are discontinued (even if they show them in the catalogs when you go to order them you find out they’re not actually available.

We’re pretty sure that’s what is keeping those gauges from working. Hubby used the forums to troubleshoot and we will also be replacing the temp gauge sender and wire but still need the resistors. I can’t find the post that said someone just used a regular wire (don’t know what to actually call it) style resistor & wrapped the wire ends around the two posts on the gauges. But I would like to know if I’m in the ballpark with this one I found online.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/fuel-gau...RoCKd0QAvD_BwE
4thgencreamsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:19 PM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: Temp/fuel gauge resistor…will this work?

I believe that is not the type of resistor you need. That resistor is for operating a fuel gauge where the car has been converted from a 6V battery to 12V. Forum member TBONE1964 contributes a lot of help on matters regarding instrument clusters. He may notice this thread and chime in, and if he doesn't try a PM to him.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote