The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
izzy_Britton

LS Aluminum Radiator 73-87/91

I am sure this has been addressed on several occasions in many different build threads. doing a search provides so many returns that it is nearly impossible to even decipher the best answer. so today i ask this question outright as a radiator question directly.

I am STILL gathering parts for my LS swap into an 86 with a 91 radiator support. doing an interchange search i have found that basically all the radiators for 73-87/91 interchange more or less. some websites state that the interchange is 67-87/91 and some yet state 65-70 only and then again others state 70-87/91.

the interchange is confusing to say the least so i myself would like to stick with exactly what i do know based on experience. and that is 81-87/91 do interchange with slight changes required for the top or bottom radiator mount. fine i can accept that. however my question is NOT about stock replacement parts.

My question is about aluminum radiators. I would really like to buy an aluminum radiator, preferably with the tanks either NOT attached so that i can build my own tanks and/or set my own config for the inlet and outlet hoses. the other option that i would consider is a radiator that does have the tanks installed but WITHOUT inlet or outlet bungs attached.

Does anyone know where i can get a DIRECT bolt in aluminum radiator without tanks, or with tanks that have no bungs?

this is so incredibly frustrating. i know someone has already done something similar and can speak from experience as to WHERE to purchase this and if they bought one that was worth the expense. I know there are several radiators and radiator companies out there but it seems the majority only sell crap. it is one of the last few parts i need to get started on my swap.

Izzy

::edited for spelling::
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote