The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
izzy_Britton

dual fuel tank selector valve

I have been looking and reading all of the great build threads here there and everywhere.

Of coarse i have a truck with dual tanks and i want to keep my dual tanks with my LS swap.

there have been many people telling how they have kept the dual tanks with in tank pumps by using the Pollak high pressure selector valve. Glock's build of Fred touches on this subject, and he is only one of many. Glock also gives a link to the part he purchased.

Now that i am at the point where i am ready to buy some of the rest of the parts i need to get started on my own swap, as my luck would have it, and as usual. Guess what? the link doesnt work because JC Whitney no longer carries that Part.

I have tried ebay and just a plain ole google search for a place that carries it with no luck.

So my question to the masses is : Does anyone know where to find the Pollak ZX812705U tank selector valve?

OR: is these a new part that succeeds this part? I really dont want to spend the $$ on a stock 87 selector valve only to find out it WILL NOT WORK because it is not rated for the necessary fuel pressure. I am done practicing, i would really love to get this build done right the FIRST time.

clues? opinions? winning lottery numbers? anybody?

-IZZY
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:43 AM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: dual fuel tank selector valve

Its possible pollak changed item numbers.id contact them.http://products.pollakaftermarket.co...elector-valves
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
foamypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy_Britton View Post
I have been looking and reading all of the great build threads here there and everywhere.

Of coarse i have a truck with dual tanks and i want to keep my dual tanks with my LS swap.

there have been many people telling how they have kept the dual tanks with in tank pumps by using the Pollak high pressure selector valve. Glock's build of Fred touches on this subject, and he is only one of many. Glock also gives a link to the part he purchased.

Now that i am at the point where i am ready to buy some of the rest of the parts i need to get started on my own swap, as my luck would have it, and as usual. Guess what? the link doesnt work because JC Whitney no longer carries that Part.

I have tried ebay and just a plain ole google search for a place that carries it with no luck.

So my question to the masses is : Does anyone know where to find the Pollak ZX812705U tank selector valve?

OR: is these a new part that succeeds this part? I really dont want to spend the $$ on a stock 87 selector valve only to find out it WILL NOT WORK because it is not rated for the necessary fuel pressure. I am done practicing, i would really love to get this build done right the FIRST time.

clues? opinions? winning lottery numbers? anybody?

-IZZY
For what it's worth, I bought the ACDelco U7000, and it is stamped Pollak and has a sticker rating it at 65psi. I've heard rumblings though, that ACDelco is now shipping their own Chinese manufacture valves instead of the Pollak valves.

My genuine Pollak is working great with my LS swap, and my friend has over 20k miles on his valve with his LS swap.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:18 PM   #4
izzy_Britton

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamypirate View Post
For what it's worth, I bought the ACDelco U7000, and it is stamped Pollak and has a sticker rating it at 65psi. I've heard rumblings though, that ACDelco is now shipping their own Chinese manufacture valves instead of the Pollak valves.

My genuine Pollak is working great with my LS swap, and my friend has over 20k miles on his valve with his LS swap.
Awesome thanks! I just ordered the AC DELCO unit. hopedully it is not the cheep Chinese knock-off. should know in about 6 days when i make it into town to check the mail.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote