The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
nomrlz

Re: Road experiences with imports.

like mentioned earlier. MAYBE 1 out of 100 run decent. the turbo/nitrous hondas need a fair amount to run 13's much less 12's. the higher end stuff like subies or mitsu's do it with minor mods but cost alot to start. the srt4's seem to be the most common that run hard. i like puttin on my bibs and walking around the stagin lanes talkin to em. eventually somebody will wanna show my old roadmaster wagon how fast they are
nomrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #27
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Alright, I got one from over a year ago.....

There's a punk kid running around up town with a custom painted fart canned import, I had just left my club's Friday cruise-in with my 97.

I had got caught by the last light in town and up comes this kid next to me (4 lane divided highway), He blips his fart can a couple times so I look over. He looks at me and points ahead, I look down the side of his car then look back at him over my glasses, I pointed at him then pointed to myself then pointed ahead and he shakes his head yeah.

I busted out laughing my azz off, The look on his face was priceless !!!

When the light changed I took off as normal and he just sat there, To this day he won't get with-in four car lengths of my truck....
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #28
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

.....and most of them "kick in" because of something called "BOOOOOOOOST".

I'm sure we would all agree though that there is nothing more retarded than big ole meaty slicks..................on da frunt!!!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #29
Super73

Look, I'm not going to take anything away from the guys that are actually putting it down. I respect anything fast. Will I go out and build one? Probably not. But even my local dirt oval has a 4 banger class now. Why do you think that is? Because the older camaro driving stock class is thining out. Sanctions see the issue and want to keep it alive, so they make new classes.

I can go on about how many slow domestics are out there with their RV cammed motors too. Both sides have their slow cars and there fast ones. For Gods sake, look at us, we are racing trucks
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #30
red rumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
.....and most of them "kick in" because of something called "BOOOOOOOOST".

I'm sure we would all agree though that there is nothing more retarded than big ole meaty slicks..................on da frunt!!!

hahaha this is true and as for the hook up thing and them all kicking in at 50 because of boost ya thats true but the subies and evos are 4wd and they hook hard if set up right... like all ricers most of them are yes made to sound like a 2 stroke dirtbike ( high pitch and annoying when revved excessively ) but those few that are done right hall ass. sadly i still havent come across one of those good ones haha
red rumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #31
foamypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
Look, I'm not going to take anything away from the guys that are actually putting it down. I respect anything fast. Will I go out and build one? Probably not. But even my local dirt oval has a 4 banger class now. Why do you think that is? Because the older camaro driving stock class is thining out. Sanctions see the issue and want to keep it alive, so they make new classes.

I can go on about how many slow domestics are out there with their RV cammed motors too. Both sides have their slow cars and there fast ones. For Gods sake, look at us, we are racing trucks
I'm glad there are people in this community like you; I see way too much import hating going on, just like I see domestic hate going on in the import community. It really is a sad thing.

Personally, I own both a modified Honda and my 87' Silverado, and I love them both, but for very different reasons. The Honda is light and tossable, and the Silverado will be the "big power" vehicle.

I'm currently in the middle of a build on my Honda. When I'm done, the 2.2L *naturally aspirated* 4 cylinder will be putting out around 250 crank horsepower. Even at it's current power levels, it's a lot of fun. It actually makes more torque than horsepower right now, so it's a lot of fun off the line. It won't be the fastest thing on the street with the new engine, but it will be a blast to drive.

I don't care if it's a Honda, or a Chevy. If you built it and you enjoy, what more can you ask for? I just think it's silly to bash on someone for their choice of vehicle to mod.

Just for kicks and giggles, here's my stock Honda dyno chart to laugh at. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I laugh at it too! Hopefully when my truck is finished, everything on this chart will be a multiple of 3 or 4 (except RPMs)!

Last edited by foamypirate; 11-02-2010 at 03:12 AM.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #32
nomrlz

the thing i've always laughed at is that honda makes more hp out of their bikes than cars . imports todays are the five-ohs of the 90's. they get a bad wrap simply cause every 12 year old lookin fukker on the planet has one it seems. i have a buddy with a decent modded civic on juice that runs low 13's (maybe even high 12s). it is a real streetcar so he gets some purdy good looks at the track since most fast hondas are gutted. he won't even associate with the ricer kids at the track
Old 11-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #33
ripdog28

You can call me a HATER. Dont bother me. Most people that i have seen calling others haters usually don't have crap themselves. Have you ever seen a hard worker with their life in order (possibly millionaire) call someone else a hater? Other then rappers i have not seen one. One done right i respect, but the ones i see every day, i dislike.

I dislike imports because every other person in one puts a muffler on it and thinks they have a race car. And all the race stickers and body graphics add 200hp right?
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.

Last edited by ripdog28; 11-02-2010 at 02:16 PM.
ripdog28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #34
foamypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdog28 View Post
You can call me a HATER. Dont bother me. Most people that i have seen calling others haters usually don't have crap themselves. Have you ever seen a hard worker with their life in order (possibly millionaire) call someone else a hater? Other then rappers i have not seen one. One done right i respect, but the ones i see every day, i dislike.

I dislike imports because every other person in one puts a muffler on it and thinks they have a race car. And all the race stickers and body graphics add 200hp right?
I didn't specifically call anyone a hater, I just said there is a lot of import hating going on; I see it in the import community too, they hate on domestics all the time. You are always going to have people doing tacky modifications, regardless of being an import or domestic; is it really fair to single out imports? I know plenty of people that threw a muffler on their domestic car/truck and thought they were hot stuff out on the streets. Take the kid down the street from me, for example. He's got a lowered, fart canned, ricer tail light and sticker fest Cavalier, and he revs at everything.

It's very much a two way street.

Last edited by foamypirate; 11-02-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #35
ripdog28

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamypirate View Post
I didn't specifically call anyone a hater, I just said there is a lot of import hating going on; I see it in the import community too, they hate on domestics all the time. You are always going to have people doing tacky modifications, regardless of being an import or domestic; is it really fair to single out imports? I know plenty of people that threw a muffler on their domestic car/truck and thought they were hot stuff out on the streets. Take the kid down the street from me, for example. He's got a lowered, fart canned, ricer tail light and sticker fest Cavalier, and he revs at everything.

It's very much a two way street.
You know after thinking about it, really isnt imports. I really lump all the guys in Cavaliers, Neon, honda, anything like those into one group. I know what your saying though.
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #36
nomrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamypirate View Post
I know plenty of people that threw a muffler on their domestic car/truck and thought they were hot stuff out on the streets.
this makes me think of two words...CHERRY BOMB

ok, maybe glasspack too
Old 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #37
Psycho71

Had one pull up and start revving at me while driving my wife's bone stock Nissan Xterra one night. I spanked him through first gear, then let off. The Xterra will pull 1st gear pretty hard, but fall on it's face in second. The kid just turned off, embarrassed I guess. I got a good chuckle out of it, even though my wife thought I was being a bit childish for even doing it in the first place. Especially in her grocery getter.

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #38
Psycho71

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomrlz View Post

ok, maybe glasspack too
Oh yeah, no bigger annoyance than a glasspack with a huge chrome megaphone funnel mounted on the end of the tail pipe! You know, the one that pops for 20-30 seconds every time they decelerate. I rate that right there with any of the fart can/wonton piped cars.

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #39
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Quote:

ok, maybe glasspack too
I was thinking the same, or my dad talking about using water pipe for exhaust on the 57 ford... Really
Old 11-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #40
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Quote:

ok, maybe glasspack too
I was thinking the same, or my dad talking about using water pipe for exhaust on the 57 ford bach in the day... Really
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #41
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Ok I have to agree ALOT of us started out with old novas ,chevelles, darts or what evers....you know who you are and put the old cherry bomb to them with a set of Craggars!!! OH and don't forget the old Gabrial High jackers or a set of shackles so you could get that set of G 60 poliglass tires on the back!!!!...I know I was one of those Kool kids!!!

Physko71 is your wife related to my X because she would Beoch about me doing the same thing.....

KQQL where did you get that poic in your avitar?? I was at a race in onterio and that is a sick show of horse Power and torque

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #42
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Naw.....I don't think it's a hating thing either. This is the "67-72 CHEVY TRUCK" forum so of course we can poke a little fun at something else. I look at this board as my buds sitting around the hunting campfire shooting the breeze. For that I don't really worry about being politically correct and just have fun, joking at things for a laugh..... not expecting to be taken too seriously.

Heck....there is one question about MY truck that I don't think I will ever be able to answer and that is "WHAT COLOR IS THAT?????" lmao

Last edited by prostreetC-10; 11-03-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #43
ripdog28

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
Naw.....I don't think it's a hating thing either. This is the "67-72 CHEVY TRUCK" forum so of course we can poke a little fun at something else. I look at this board as my buds sitting around the hunting campfire shooting the breeze. For that I don't really worry about being politically correct and just have fun, joking at things for a laugh..... not expecting to be taken too seriously.
I couldnt agree more. I really refer to most guys on here as my friends. Tell the wife all the time, "My friend said....."
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 AM   #44
foamypirate

Hey, as long as it's all in good jest!

Believe me, I cringe just as much as you guys do when I see a riced out car!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 AM   #45
Super73

Yup.. Them ricers are killing the world..

1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #46
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Hmmm......Wonder what a big block would sound like thru a couple of fart cans ?
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #47
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

You would probably blow the cans right off the ends of the exhaust. lol
Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #48
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

^^lol

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #49
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I had someone try to tell me that "ricers only exist in the US", and in Japan they had more respect for the performance and handling of the vehicle. I was about to believe him and then saw this

Modded garbage trucks?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #50
Bad70sbchevy

I have officially seen it all
Bad70sbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote