The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #601
Maximus

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
500 dollars for a belaire man how time has changed. I know you are telling the truth because my brother bought a clean 55 Nomad in the mid 70's for 800 bucks. He thought it didn't run so he told the guy he would be back with a tow truck and the guy said "but all it needs is a battery".lol It had a 327 with a manual 4 speed. I loved that car, he promised to give it to me when I was 16 yeah right.lol Somebody came a long with a Rivera he wanted so they traded. Thats okay he did give me a 66 GTO and a couple of other cars through the years.
Nice! funny to think about the value comparison between a Rivera and a Nomad nowadays...
In all honesty though, the only appeal to a Nomad to me is the value, and collectible standpoint, I think the 2-door hardtops and posts look way nicer... that being said I would be lying if I said I never sat down and tried to figure out how I could afford a Nomad, I also would love a Safari.

Any more pics of your 55'?
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #602
OKGMC4

Quote:
Yep and its none of your biz what it is. Man its Monday and you already starting trouble. I already bought the paint so that I can't change my mind.lol
Me too, but the problem is that now I have it, it's killing me not having it all over the truck yet.

69 long bed Chevy turned 67 gmc jimmy roadster:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851167
OKGMC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #603
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Any more pics of your 55'?
Man that's like asking a proud parent if they have pics of their baby.lol I love my car even though I will be making lots of changes to it in the future. The 55 or 56 Chevy my 2nd favorite dream car (my first 37-40 Ford coupe sorry chevy guys) and I was just lucky enough to be in a position to get one. The prices are ridiculous, I wanted a sports coupe but I would not change it for anything now I glad I bought a sedan. Well I still will take a nomad in a heartbeat especially a 56. Plans for the future will have to wait until I finish the truck. I'm just collecting ideas right now.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-06-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #604
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
Me too, but the problem is that now I have it, it's killing me not having it all over the truck yet.
Yeah I feel your pain, because we share that illness.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #605
Maximus

Quote:
Man that's like asking a proud parent if they have pics of their baby.lol I live my car even though I will be making lots of changes to it in the future. The 55 or 56 Chevy is my dream car. Plans for the future will have to wait until I finish the truck. I'm just collecting ideas right now.
Man that car is gorgeous, how could you possibly improve it?! one of these days i'll try to get some photos of my dads '55, its only partially restored - I love California though - it has its ORIGINAL paint still... faded of coarse... one tiny rust spot and thats pretty much it... his is a 327 w/ '57 chevy 2x4's manifold setup w/ a muncie 4-spd definitely a 70's-80's build with slam bars and all

But really, your car is fantastic.

One day I hope my 50's cruiser is half as nice...
Old 10-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #606
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Man that car is gorgeous, how could you possibly improve it?! one of these days i'll try to get some photos of my dads '55, its only partially restored - I love California though - it has its ORIGINAL paint still... faded of coarse... one tiny rust spot and thats pretty much it... his is a 327 w/ '57 chevy 2x4's manifold setup w/ a muncie 4-spd definitely a 70's-80's build with slam bars and all

But really, your car is fantastic.

One day I hope my 50's cruiser is half as nice...
Thanks man but dang that is a cool land yacht you have there. Check this one out my god I bet not ever get rich because I would go nuts with this car stuff.lol Man look at the paint on that baby talking about block sanding a car, this thing was like blocking sanding a yacht.lol
Attached Images

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-06-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #607
Maximus

Quote:
Thanks man but dang that is a cool land yacht you have there. Check this one out my god I bet not ever get rich because I would go nuts with this car stuff.lol Man look at the paint on that baby talking about block sanding a car, this thing was like blocking sanding a yacht.lol
Hah thats a sweet caddy. dont even get me started on its size! I almost couldnt get it to fit on a flatbed towtruck!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #608
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

lol. Dang that is one long ride.lol
Old 10-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #609
Maximus

37-40 ford huh?? My favorite car of all time is a ford as well, a 28-32 Model A sedan (im in negotiations on a 28 now...) and i also love the 53-56 trucks but not near as much as the tri-five trucks. If im in the mid-late 30's give me a Chevy Opera Coupe!

Thanks Google for the pic!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #610
Rods57

Dang, now there you go showing pictures and stirring up feeling about my 55 belair that i cant work on until the truck is done. you just keep focused now and let a man work on one at a time....and you call me a trouble maker. lol
Rods57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #611
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
37-40 ford huh?? My favorite car of all time is a ford as well, a 28-32 Model A sedan (im in negotiations on a 28 now...) and i also love the 53-56 trucks but not near as much as the tri-five trucks. If im in the mid-late 30's give me a Chevy Opera Coupe!

Thanks Google for the pic!
Yeap I love 37-40 Fords. I saw this one at a show a few years ago. What made it even nicer is that the owner was cool and we talked cars. It's cool when you find people that are not buttheads. I'm a car fan and I'm really not a people fan, some of them make it so hard to be.lol
Attached Images

Last edited by Kabwe; 05-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #612
hotrod1
56 - autocross

How could you not love that car. It is beautiful!
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #613
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
How could you not love that car. It is beautiful!
I know right.lol 37-40 Fords just have great body lines. I'm nuts about them but they are too expensive, so I have to admire them from afar.

BTW all the wood grain in the interior is paint not real wood.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #614
Maximus

37-40's are that expensive? I wouldn't have though they would be more than a 2-door tri-five? In fix-er-upper condition that is...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #615
apache200

Kabwe when are we going to get any new updates on the truck??
Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #616
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Man that's like asking a proud parent if they have pics of their baby.lol I love my car even though I will be making lots of changes to it in the future.

[img]

Making Changes,........Typical Kabwe. LOL
I got your Cell Phone message, fine, I'll see the color when I come by.
And it is Troublemaker Friday. The 55 is one clean ride, how are you going to outdo yourself this time?
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #617
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
37-40's are that expensive? I wouldn't have though they would be more than a 2-door tri-five? In fix-er-upper condition that is...
Posted via Mobile Device
Way more expensive. I saw one covered in surface rust with a MII suspension, no engine or trans but all the cool mods done chopped top, welded rear fenders but the car needed another 20 grand easy (because with a street rod you have to come with it buddy.lol). The guy wanted 18 grand and people were all around it trying to talk him down a couple of grand.lol It would have been hard to tell my wife that if I bought the car for 15 and put another 20 in it that I would have a 60 thousand dollar car for 35 thousand. Believe it or not but some woman really can't comprehend that.lol My wife would have said are you nuts.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-07-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #618
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache200 View Post
Kabwe when are we going to get any new updates on the truck??
Man I'm sorry but I really have not been working on the truck lately. I have way too many irons in the fire. I've been working but just not on my truck. I will be soon because working on other people cars is getting me motivated again.lol
Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #619
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
The 55 is one clean ride, how are you going to outdo yourself this time?
Oh you have no idea who I am do you.lol There are a lot of things I don't like that need to be done, but it will have to wait until after the truck is done. I talking new IFS and rear suspension, closing the gas filler and installing a 56 tail light gas filler, I may even take the 454 out and put in a LS engine. I'm going to go all out on it, but first the truck.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #620
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

Quote:
Oh you have no idea who I am do you.lol There are a lot of things I don't like that need to be done, but it will have to wait until after the truck is done. I talking new IFS and rear suspension, closing the gas filler and installing a 56 tail light gas filler, I man even talk the 454 out and put in a LS engine. I'm going to go all out on it, but first the truck.
LS engine?

Tri5
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #621
Maximus

Quote:
Way more expensive. I saw one covered in surface rust with a MII suspension, no engine or trans but all the cool mods done chopped top, welded rear fenders but the car needed another 20 grand easy (because with a street rod you have to come with it buddy.lol). The guy wanted 18 grand and people were all around it trying to talk him done a couple of grand.lol I would have been hard to tell my wife that if I bought the car for 15 and put another 20 I would have a 60 thousand dollar car for 35 thousand. Believe it or not but some woman really can't comprehend that.lol My wife would have said are you nuts. I looked at that car and said if I was single or did not love my wife you would be mine.lol
Wow! the $ must be in the coupes, there is a sedan (2-dr) locally, a 1940 in good shape needing resto for 5k

I'm sure that a deal will come around, especially since your not really looking for one.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #622
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Yeah the money is in the coupes I don't want the sedan. I'm sure the fact that a lot of the mods were done affected the price but still it was not worth the 18 grand maybe 8 grand.lol But times were good then and now it's a recession, so I sure the price has drop a lot now but then again so has our job security.lol But the coupe is the one.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-07-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #623
candyx

Quote:
Yeap I love 37-40 Fords. I saw this one at a show a couple of years ago. What made it even nicer is that the owner was cool and we talked cars. It's cool when you fine people that are not buttheads. I'm a car fan and I'm really not a people fan, some of them make it so hard to be.lol
I like your choice of cars that you take photos of,there the ones i usually look at when at a car nite and say wow nice.The body and paint has to be well done but what makes it great is a interior that looks like it cost a fortune.It's really something to see how a professional interior guy can make the car a complete package.Watching Boyd Coddington he used a guy called Gabe who put out some nice interiors,i can only imagine what he charges $$$$$$$$
candyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #624
Dan in Pasadena

Kabwe,
As much as I LOVE the tri5+2 trucks I am a fool for a '40 Ford truck. I liked my '46 Chevy very much but it just didn't have the umph a '40 Ford give me. Yeah, I know that's heresy on a Chevy forum and I am a Chevy guy through and through. There are VERY few Fords I like but the '40's; both cars and trucks are in that group.

Besides my Dad's (if I could ever find it) balck over red/orange and off white '55 Chevy two door hardtop Belair, my Lotto cars would be my '55 big window done over-the-top gorgeous, a mildly built flathead powered '40 Ford pickup with steelies, rings and caps, and a Papaya yellow hi boy with blown flathead on Halibrands. Dreams, all dreams.....
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #625
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyx View Post
I like your choice of cars that you take photos of,there the ones i usually look at when at a car nite and say wow nice.The body and paint has to be well done but what makes it great is a interior that looks like it cost a fortune.It's really something to see how a professional interior guy can make the car a complete package.Watching Boyd Coddington he used a guy called Gabe who put out some nice interiors,i can only imagine what he charges $$$$$$$$
Man I just a sick carnut that has been nuts about cars for a long time.lol I'm just a wanna be streetrodder as you can tell from the kind of cars I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Kabwe,
I liked my '46 Chevy very much but it just didn't have the umph a '40 Ford give me.
Man you have to have vision and put the umph in them like this. There is a heck of a lot of umph in this truck. I saw this at a car show last month man I would take one of these anytime.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-07-2011 at 11:40 PM.