The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
chevykid65

Question 2001 Chevy blazer crank no start

2001 Chevy blazer, bought it not running, they put in a new fuel pump and gave up, I started by changing the spider and fuel pressure regulator. Next changed ignition module, then the ecm, after this it threw codes for crank position sensor and mass airflow after clearing the codes only the crank position code came back, changed crank position sensor and had a buddy with a stage 3 programmer come by to reset the system. It wouldn't calibrate the new sensor. Im thinking short in the wiring, could the bcm be part of the problem?
Posted via Mobile Device
chevykid65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
chevykid65

Re: 2001 Chevy blazer crank no start

Forgot to mention all fuses have been checked, testing at the plug there's no pulse to the injectors. By pouring fuel down the throttle body it will fire up and run as long as you keep feeding fuel to it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
dyrt

There could be a chunk of the wiring that is toast. Given that you have had a number of codes and an ecm change didn't fix it, that is certainly worth looking into. did you pull the crankshaft position sensor and take a look at it? I forget if that wiring runs down the front of the block or from the bell housing area forward but that could be pinched or damaged. Another thing, do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key on?
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
dyrt

I also found this: http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gmc...l=&limitstart=

this may help you test the sensor reading. If i recall correctly, if the ecm does not get a signal from this it will not turn on the fuel pump. If this vehicle has a ton of miles there may be wear on the sensor or there may be a problem with the trigger wheel.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
chevykid65

180,000 miles, Visually the old crank position sensor looked good, just oily, fuel pressure has been tested and is good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
dyrt

When you say it looked good do you mean you pulled it out and inspected it? These sensors are not extremely expensive so you could always score one and replace yours. While you have it out look in the hole and see if the pulse wheel has any noticeable problems.