The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #151
hvychve
To The Levy

Re: Finally my own build thread!

You deffinately can't go wrong with this project, good start to a fabulous finish. really look forward to seeing more photos throughout your resto.
hvychve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #152
hvychve
To The Levy

drooling on my lap top .... darn thats gonna be sweet, keep the photo's pouring in through---out...
Old 01-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #153
abadsvt

Thanks alot guys! Next week i am starting the shaving of the firewall process and then working into shaving the driprail, roof seem. Hopefully by the end of January beginning of Feb I will have the cab all finished so i can start buying all new body parts from front to back. I am taking alot of pics so i will have them when i am done and i also enjoy sharing my progress with all of you. Thanks again
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #154
AesC10s
Chevy truck addict

DAMN josh more and more amazing!!
AesC10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #155
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

This build is just amazing. Really enjoy watching the progress!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #156
hvychve
To The Levy

Thats what I miss, the room to be able to lay things out and work, I am tightly quartered and no room for a project like that , I wish I was doing that again, you got a nice nice project going on. please keep the finishing photos pouring in, really look forward to more.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #157
watahyahknow

knew this guy once who got divorced after putting all the furniture outside so he could work on his car in the livingroom )

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #158
bodydropped68

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadsvt View Post
The wheels in the front are 20x8.5 with a 4" backspacing and the rear is 20x10 with a 4.5 backspacing. I think that was what my backspacing is. I am going to go with a fleetside. I just have to narrow my rear end first so the bed will fit. Thanks

Josh
hey josh thanks for the info, on my truck i'm running 20x9 w/5.5 backspacing w/ a 285/50-20 tyre and my rearend is narrowed 4 inches to tuck the tyres inside the inner bed panel. also the mounting brackets look great is there going to be enough room between the tyre and the tank once the rearend is narrowed? thanks again keep the pics comming, later paul
bodydropped68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #159
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodydropped68 View Post
hey josh thanks for the info, on my truck i'm running 20x9 w/5.5 backspacing w/ a 285/50-20 tyre and my rearend is narrowed 4 inches to tuck the tyres inside the inner bed panel. also the mounting brackets look great is there going to be enough room between the tyre and the tank once the rearend is narrowed? thanks again keep the pics comming, later paul
I am thinking that i will have to narrow about 1" per side and that should leave me with about 1 1/2+ between the air tank and the wheel. I hope that i only have to narrow it 2" total cause that would suck doing all that work and then have to go back and change it. In about 1 month i should have enough money to buy all the sheetmetal parts i need so i will be able to finalize alot when that time comes. Anyways talk to you later!

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
Old 01-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #160
watahyahknow

dunno if the wheels have a possibillity to do that but , couldnt have the inside of the wheel turned in a lathe so they stick in one more inch ?
some wheels have quite some material on the back where they bold up to the axle

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #161
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Very Nice!!!!!

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #162
cflvulcan

now i couldnt tell from the pics, but is it going to lay frame?

Last edited by cflvulcan; 01-21-2007 at 01:57 PM.
cflvulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #163
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflvulcan View Post
now i couldnt tell from the pics, but is it going to lay frame?
No it will not lay rocker. Well let me start over. If i put drop spindels on i will lay rocker but i don't quite clear the front tire when i lift up all the way so i put back on the stock spindels which raised me up a little. The truck will sit about 2" off the ground which still looks sick but that way if i ever pop a bag or airline i can atleast drive off the road without ruining all my hard work. In the pics i have on here i believe they are when i had the drop spindels on so I am laying frame in the pics. I don't believe i have shown a pic with the stock spindels on. Anyways i will talk to you later.

Josh
Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #164
abadsvt

Here is a pic of the height the truck will sit with the stock spindels on. The fender is just on for mock up.

I also just got the cab back off the truck and with the help from POORBOY and a friend I was able to get the cab striped down. Everything is off the firewall ready to be shaved and everything is stripped out of the inside of the truck also. Next weekend i am hoping to have the firewall shaved!

Josh
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #165
Ol'Green 69GMC

Hey Josh, the truck looks great. I have a 69 GMC that was handed down from an uncle. My story is very similar to yours and I can only hope that my project will as successfull as yours. I really enjoy seeing your progress and I get inspired to start mine again. I have a '71 short frame now that my cab is on and with that fram is a ton of ideas. I am anxious to see your firewall and drip rail shave as that is one of my first projects for my cab. Best of luck, I am subcribed now and rooting for you.

Jesse
Ol'Green 69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #166
ChevyDude

Josh , your project is very impressive, awesome to say the least!!! Saw you are from Atascadero....ahh, it's Lake Naciemento...close by??? I grew up in Santa Barbara and used to go up water skiing all the time to Lake Nas, as we called it. My German Shorthair pointers are from Branson Ranch in Atascadero! Arron Branson.

Just wanted to say AWESOME project Josh! Nice work, wheels, frame...EVERYTHING!

Alex

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 AM   #167
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDude View Post
Josh , your project is very impressive, awesome to say the least!!! Saw you are from Atascadero....ahh, it's Lake Naciemento...close by??? I grew up in Santa Barbara and used to go up water skiing all the time to Lake Nas, as we called it. My German Shorthair pointers are from Branson Ranch in Atascadero! Arron Branson.

Just wanted to say AWESOME project Josh! Nice work, wheels, frame...EVERYTHING!

Alex
Thanks Alex! Yep Lake Naciemento is just 30mins or so away. I love to go to lake. Especially that lake. I am in the process of ordering a new boat so when summer hits i will be there all the time. Hopefully they don't drain the lake to fix valves. You will have to hit me up if you ever come down go to Naci!

Josh
Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 AM   #168
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Green 69GMC View Post
Hey Josh, the truck looks great. I have a 69 GMC that was handed down from an uncle. My story is very similar to yours and I can only hope that my project will as successfull as yours. I really enjoy seeing your progress and I get inspired to start mine again. I have a '71 short frame now that my cab is on and with that fram is a ton of ideas. I am anxious to see your firewall and drip rail shave as that is one of my first projects for my cab. Best of luck, I am subcribed now and rooting for you.

Jesse
Hey Jesse! I think a truck with a little background makes it that much nicer. So what are your plans for your truck? I haven't made too much progress on my truck because i landed a large job in San Jose,Ca which is a couple hours away from home so i only get to work on it Saturdays for about a half a day or so. In about 3 months i will be back home and will finish the truck. Well good luck with your truck and let me know when you post some pics!!

Josh
Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #169
Ol'Green 69GMC

Josh,
Some of my plans include shaved drip rails, o4 Corvette third brake light under the back window but above the bed rail. My most ambitious idea is to pull the rear sliding glass setup out of an avalanche and mod the system to work in my truck so that my back (large Glass) goes down. I also want to build a custom ram air hood, pull the wing windows out of the doors.
Im also looking for an idea to get rid of any sign of an antenae. Kinda thought of how auto makers used to put the antenea in the windshield. I wanted to see if i could have one made.
My truck is white like yours now but origonally it was the old forestry truck green so it was nick named Ol green. I have a friend in Oregon that has a CNC machine and I think we will cut out In old english the words "Ol'Green" where GMC used to be. Then we will put a backing on it so that it doesnt go all the way through. Or put some lights inside the tail gate. If that makes any sence.
I want everything smooth, door handles, drip rails, markers, stake holes plus airbags and spindles, you know the usual stuff. I plan to bring the exhaust through the side of the bed just in frount of the wheel wells. I still havent settled on a color but I think I will go with a medium gunsmoke grey with a bit of green in it. Drive train will most likely be out of a newer vett minus the rearend wich will most likely be a 9" but that a bit down the line. Anyway, that is a few of the thoughts that cloud my mind for now.
Ol'Green 69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #170
TRUCKER-TRUCKIN'
Rally Wheel Club

hmmm, was hoping to see some new pics by now ....how is going over there......any new stuff?
TRUCKER-TRUCKIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #171
72Chevrolet

wow! You have some of the best work i've seen! This is going to be an awesome truck, I'm going to keep checking this one.
72Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:08 AM   #172
randomhero472

Awesome work, some of the best i've seen bar-none.. i dont mean to hijack your thread but.........i've got a wheel question, im looking into 20x8.5 all the way around, probably w/a 275-45 tire, the truck wont be bagged, but lowered 4-5", will those wheels tuck in the fleetside bed, also what is good backspacing for that wheel front-rear
Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #173
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKER-TRUCKIN' View Post
hmmm, was hoping to see some new pics by now ....how is going over there......any new stuff?
I wish i could show some more pics but i landed a big job that required me to work out of town monday - friday so i don't get much time to work on it. I try to work on it on saturday but sometimes i am so tired from work i don't get anything done and then sunday afternoon i go back to the hotel for work. I am about 1/2 way done shaving the firewall so maybe in a couple weeks i will have more done. While i am up here in San Jose i am thinking of creative designs for the new dash i am going to build. Talk to you all soon!!!

Josh
Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #174
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero472 View Post
Awesome work, some of the best i've seen bar-none.. i dont mean to hijack your thread but.........i've got a wheel question, im looking into 20x8.5 all the way around, probably w/a 275-45 tire, the truck wont be bagged, but lowered 4-5", will those wheels tuck in the fleetside bed, also what is good backspacing for that wheel front-rear

Thanks for the complements! The wheels you are talking about should fit fine but you need to check the back spacing on the wheels. 8.5 isn't very big so you could get a slightly deeper offset and still clear the fenders. This is my first truck i have built and don't have alot of experience with what tires sizes will work so you might want to ask a few other people for there opinion before you buy something. I wanted the deepest offset i could buy in the foose wheels and i am going to have to shorten my rearend to clear the fenders. Well good luck on your truck and post some pics when you get the new wheels!!!!

Josh
Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #175
randomhero472

any new updates????