The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
neonlarry

Post Sanderson Headers

I bought some stuff from early classic enterprises recently, and one of the guys there was saying I should buy sanderson headers instead of getting the full length ones. Are they really worth almost $400? I don't plan to lower the truck more than possibly 2.5/4''. So I don't thing that full length headers would hit on the ground. The main reason why I like the Sanderson headers is the fact that they seen to be a lot better quality than some others I have seen. They are the short Chevelle type headers for anyone who hasn't seen them. The main things I am wondering is if they are in fact worth the price, and if there would be a difference in performance from the full length headers. They would be on a stock engine for now, but when that enging dies I want to get a 383 something like the one 69longhorn has.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 03:06 AM   #2
shooter

A friend of mine at work has them on his 69 GMC. They have been on his truck for several years and they look great. He really likes them. Are they worth $400.00? I would probably go with the Dynomax ceramic coated ones in Jegs and Summit ( $209.00 I think). They have a lifetime warranty. I don't know about which is better performance wise.

------------------
71 Chevy LWB
70 Chevy Stepside
6 cyl. soon to be v-8
Has enough rust for several trucks! Gotta Love it.

Semper Fi

Old 05-07-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Don't know if they are worth $400. but if you can get to a hotrod show, you should be able to pick them up for a cheaper price. I was able to get mine from the Sanderson booth for around $200, you have to ask it they have a set for trucks, and what kind of discount they can give you. Oh, and going oin the last day (if it is a weekend event) also helps....

I have yet to put them on as I have not fired my engine, and you should get engine running good before putting these headers on as if it is running too lean or rich, it may discolor these headers....

Mine are still on my parts wall in the middle!!

------------------
John Fabris
john.fabris@autodesk.com
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide Web Page
1971 K5 Blazer 2WD (basket case, but give me two years or so.)