The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
JohnC

John's Project

Well here is my project. Some of you may have already seen it, but I'm just getting around to creating a build thread for it.

It's a 1984 Chevrolet C10 1/2ton 2wd Short Wide Bed. I bought it back in March. It has the original tired 305 with a TH350 tranny. The previous owner had a 3" lift kit on it when I bought it. Here are a few pics of when I first bought it.
Name:  Driver's Side Small.jpg
Views: 4983
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  Passenger Side Small.jpg
Views: 4846
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  Passenger Int Small.jpg
Views: 4840
Size:  51.1 KB

Since I bought it progress has been somewhat slow. I have installed a new 85-87 grille, and stock steering wheel. Thanks to HotRod73 for the stock steering wheel. The previous owner had the the windshield partially tinted, so that has been removed. The gas tank leaks, and Joe231 has supplied me with a replacement one that he had, just haven't gotten around to installing it yet, trying to use up as much gas in the current tank as I can

I did get the lift kit taken out, and a set of 1" lowering springs from Brother's Truck Parts installed. Along with the springs I installed new shocks front and rear, and new upper and lower ball joints. The rear was lifted with blocks, so those were just removed to get the rear back to normal. My uncle bought a 85 SWB, and got a set of 15x8 rally wheels, with 275/60 tires along with the purchase. Those were also put on when the lift kit was removed. This was a great improvement over the 31x10.50 tires that were on it. Here is a pic from the Oklahoma Truck Meet that The Sebring took after I got it lowered back to normal.

Name:  TruckMeet09.jpg
Views: 8778
Size:  67.1 KB

That is all the pics I have right now because the wife has the camera. I just installed a sport bumper on the rear, and cut off the chrome echo chamber exhaust tips today. I also removed the spare tire, and hanger. When I get a chance I'll post some more pics of the other progress that I have done.

Future plans include a rebuilt 350 motor, 700R4 tranny. Still undecided on further lowering options. Leaning towards 2.5" spindles, and hanger/shackle combo in the rear. Going to repaint it, but don't know color yet. So now that I have started the thread I can update it with info as I make progress. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and opinions are always welcome. Also if anyone has any questions about the truck, what I have done, or what I plan to do don't be afraid to ask.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote