The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Rannos

traction Issue.

I know most of you guys are track only but I don't know any where else to ask about racing old trucks. Will say this first off, my truck has never been to the track so I don't know any times. I street race a bit and the truck use to dead hook on motor and on nitrous with a 315/60 dr. Motor makes around 425-450 and is built to take a 250 shot. Have not sprayed more then 150 so far. It has single adjustable Qa1 up front and 50/50 lakewood in the rear. Factory front springs and a soft spring in the rear (dont know spring rate). Everything else is factory other then a few welds on the trailing arms. Truck leaves hard for a driver but sence I changed to a 275 pro tire I can't put power down on nitrous. I will be weighing the truck next week and can give weights then. For now I was curious what are some of the changes yall have done to plant power. I have tried different settings on front shocks and can't find a happy medium on extension and rebound. Either it's to tight and transfers slow or it transfers hard and lays down after 10ft or so. If I spray early it plants till 80ft out then hazes the tires. If I hold off till 2nd it does well but really need to get out early. It's hard to run down 2800lbs cars in a 3500lbs truck.

I know alot of you will say go back to the 315/60 and I may. Right now I would like to get these tires working. Tired of the guys running the same or more power then me in a car half the weight crying that my tires are to big!

Here are a few videos of the truck making passes. 1st is all motor and second is spraying 10ft out or so. If you look you can see as soon as I hit the button my shift light flashes on. Was instantly on the Rev limiter and them spun about another 200ft.

https://youtu.be/tpGZReN0ezY

http://youtu.be/Xkg1x0fRhMI

Anyway any ideas are welcomed and any help is appreciated.

Jay.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
Rannos

Re: traction Issue.

Oh and I should mention I have moved the motor back 4 niches and lowered 1.

Jay.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
cableguy0

Re: traction Issue.

If it dead hooked previously why would you change anything. Secondly your probably not going to get much of a warm reception here with street racing. Not matter what it aint gonna hook without enough tire. You already know the answer to your own question.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
Closed Thread