The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
86lovelongbeds

3 inch lift picture?

If anyone that has a 80's 4x4 with a 3 inch suspension lift, could you take a picture of your springs sitting on your axle. I think the person I purchased my truck from did something screwy.

*edit: Front springs

Last edited by 86lovelongbeds; 07-05-2010 at 03:01 AM.
86lovelongbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Mudder

Re: 3 inch lift picture?

Three inch lifts are very rare. I only know of one company that made them for a while and that was Tuff Country. Can you add pictures of yours? or explain more what he may have done.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
86lovelongbeds

Sitting directly over my axle is a 3 inch block then there is only two leaf springs on top of that. The springs are bowed down instead of bowed up. I can see that my overloads are hitting the springs often because there are black marks on the springs. I am wanting to fix this because I do not like blocks in the front and it makes it ride rought, atleast I think that is part of the problem.

I have a hell of a time with "bump steer", when I hit a bump the truck lunges to one side or another. I have replaced all the shocks with the appropriate length ones and even replaced the steering stabilizer, tie rod ends are new, ball joints are new all the steering arm joints are new and put new tires and had it aligned. It was horrible when I first bought it becuase all of the above was absolutely shot, now it is better but it is still there and think it has something to do with the lift blocks on the front.
86lovelongbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
Mudder

I would remove the blocks in the front as soon as possible. They are not safe for the front. Get ya a set of 4" and a steering arm and I bet 99% of your problems will be taken care of.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Tiger Hays

Just as Mudder said take the blocks out very soon. Or you probably won't have to worry about it! It is about as unsafe as it gets!
Tiger Hays is offline   Reply With Quote