The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2023, 10:05 PM   #1
novaX522

New member from Iowa

Hi, my name is Rob Livingston. In the early ‘90s I owned a rusty, crusty ‘69 Chevy short box. It was orange and had cheap white wagon wheels. It was my daily driver and I used it to pull an open trailer with my 70 elCamino to the track.
When I closed the door or went over bumps little flakes of rust would fall from the roof. One day on the way to work the wiring under the dash caught fire. I had it towed home after work. I spent several hours every night for a month pulling burnt wires apart one by one and soldering new wires in. When I was done everything worked, even some stuff that didn’t before the fire.
I had to work out in New Jersey one summer and drove my c 10 out there. I raced it at Atco raceway while I was out there, think it ran in the 15s. At the end of the summer before heading home, the truck wouldn’t start. I was staying at a hotel and had no tools. I ended up selling it to a guy I worked with out there.
Man I loved that truck and always wanted another one. Well 30 years later I picked up a 1972 c10 deluxe. It’s way nicer than the old 69 I had. Something about these c10s that bring happiness like no other vehicle!
novaX522 is offline   Reply With Quote