The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Shorty Cox

C-60 Truck

Take a look at what I found. This one I know did not "ran when I parked it". The reason I know this? It is still full of grain from years ago, so if it was running when it was parked, the farmer would have taken the grain the the elevator.

Now for my question. Note: it has a big back window. If I recall the info in the "restoration packet" i got from GM years ago, the cab size on a C-60 is the same as on a C10. This one looks to be in great shape rustwise. Has anyone ever swapped a cab from a larger (C60) truck on to a half ton? Are the mounts the same? etc. What problems did you encounter?

A side note: I like the hood latch in the pic.

Shorty
Attached Images

Last edited by Shorty Cox; 09-06-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: forgot the pics
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: C-60 Truck

yes the cab will swap over, a couple of things, the vin # will show as a 2.5 ton truck when you go to register it, so you will have to go through whatever proper steps needed to get it registered as a 1/2 ton, usually a bill of sale for the cab and new frame will suffice to get the vin re-assigned to the new weight.

you will need to get the firewall side of the transmission tunnel and high, or low hump plate from a c/10- 30 truck.

my c 60 is mounted to the outer mounts (like a 60-62 frame) in the front, but the provisions for the 63-66 frame are still there as well.

the provisions for the rear mounts are there.

there is a support brace at the front of the transmission tunnel that will need to be removed, on some c/60's it is bolted on.

you will need to re position the lower inner fenderwell mounts, unfortunately that is a 66, so they are a one piece unit (on the earlier trucks they are just bloted on ), but this should be a minor problem to fix.

neat truck , hood looks good , interesting that they would pay for a bbw on a truck with a grain box...
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
biohazardbill

Re: C-60 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
interesting that they would pay for a bbw on a truck with a grain box...
May not have been a grain truck at first...
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote