The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2023, 07:41 PM   #51
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiti View Post
Sorry to hear. Getting stranded is the worst. Have you contacted Edelbrock customer support to get their feedback?
Good call nsiti, but I was first doing my due diligence by checking the things they might ask me about…and as it turned out, the Tech really knows his stuff and identified the issue very quickly. It was a faulty MAP Sensor (so I replaced this one with a quality “Made in the USA” one!)…and being out of range prevented the trigger signal to the injectors from being sent, so they weren’t squirting! He’s also going to help me dial-in the system after I get another 50 miles or so on it!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:45 PM   #52
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
X2, maybe they've experienced this before.
You are correct Dale…the Tech has been with Edelbrock for a really long time and is the Lead-Tech for the Pro Flo 4 EFI’s, so he knew exactly the right questions to ask and quickly resolved my issue!

Woody
Old 11-07-2023, 07:59 PM   #53
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Oh man what a bummer! I'm afraid I don't know enough about your set up to provide troubleshooting help outside of basics things to check.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
I’ve been consumed with learning about this system for over a year now, and I still didn’t know what to look for other than the basics!!! I’ve got the Tech’s name and number in my phone’s Contact info now, so I’m feeling better about it!

As I said in my other response…he’s even going to help me dial-in my “off-idle” issues and square things away for me after another 50 miles or so of the ECU’s “self-learning” regiment!

I didn’t get a great answer as to why the MAP Sensor failed…but it was an AC/Delco product, which I’m pretty sure is made in China? My replacement is made in the USA by Delphi, who is the OEM parts supplier for GM now…so that could be the answer?

Woody
Old 11-07-2023, 09:39 PM   #54
nsiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Good call nsiti, but I was first doing my due diligence by checking the things they might ask me about…and as it turned out, the Tech really knows his stuff and identified the issue very quickly. It was a faulty MAP Sensor (so I replaced this one with a quality “Made in the USA” one!)…and being out of range prevented the trigger signal to the injectors from being sent, so they weren’t squirting! He’s also going to help me dial-in the system after I get another 50 miles or so on it!

Woody
Glad to hear. Did the faulty MAP sensor come with the Pro Flow kit? Are they replacing it under warranty?

Cheers,
Nick
nsiti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:12 AM   #55
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Glad to hear. Did the faulty MAP sensor come with the Pro Flow kit? Are they replacing it under warranty?

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick…I’m relieved the fix was something that was readily available, plus I learned something!

Yes…the AC/Delco was pre installed on the throttle body when I received the kit, but I don’t actually know if it would be under warranty? That’s something I’ll look into after the Tech helps me finish with the “Advanced Tuning”…as he’s not the person that would be making that call (but I’ll gather any intel about it along the way!).

Nick…Did you ever receive your Pro Flo 4 system, or did you cancel that order?

Woody

Last edited by Beach-Burban; 11-08-2023 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Added words
Old 11-08-2023, 02:29 PM   #56
HO455
Post Whore

Great to hear that tech support actually provided support. Fingers crossed on the warranty side.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:13 PM   #57
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Great to hear that tech support actually provided support. Fingers crossed on the warranty side.

I agree, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to ask.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:29 PM   #58
nsiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Thanks Nick…I’m relieved the fix was something that was readily available, plus I learned something!

Yes…the AC/Delco was pre installed on the throttle body when I received the kit, but I don’t actually know if it would be under warranty? That’s something I’ll look into after the Tech helps me finish with the “Advanced Tuning”…as he’s not the person that would be making that call (but I’ll gather any intel about it along the way!).

Nick…Did you ever receive your Pro Flo 4 system, or did you cancel that order?

Woody
Hi, I did receive my Pro Flo 4, not long after you. I recall that it was extremely delayed due to covid. The supply chain was seriously disrupted. My cynical mind wonders whether there will be a greater level of defects for items built during that period.

My restoration build is in the final stages of bodywork, of which I've been posting photos and brief commentary in the build section of this forum. Hopefully the engine and efi installation wil commence in a couple of months.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Nick
nsiti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 01:04 PM   #59
Beach-Burban

Quote:
And it’s additionally great that Peter (from Edelbrock) stayed in Torrance when the HQ’s relocated out of state, and has told me to ask for him whenever I call for help!

Yep…fingers crossed!

Woody
Old 11-09-2023, 01:08 PM   #60
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I agree, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to ask.

LockDoc
I’m in agreement too, Leon…but I’m focusing on the Tech Support right now, then I’ll ruffle a few feathers.

Woody
Old 11-09-2023, 01:15 PM   #61
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Hi, I did receive my Pro Flo 4, not long after you. I recall that it was extremely delayed due to covid. The supply chain was seriously disrupted. My cynical mind wonders whether there will be a greater level of defects for items built during that period.

My restoration build is in the final stages of bodywork, of which I've been posting photos and brief commentary in the build section of this forum. Hopefully the engine and efi installation wil commence in a couple of months.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Nick
Glad to hear you received yours, and like you, I’m worried about the “defect levels” of any foreign made products, too!

Looking forward to hearing how your PF4 install goes!

Woody
Old 11-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #62
Beach-Burban

Well, I installed the new MAP Sensor and got the proper readings while connected to the digital gauge screen with the engine off. The engine started right up but ran worse than it had prior to my break-down, however, as I had goofed with the distributor during my time sitting at the curb, the first thing I did when I started it was to return the timing to the required 12 degrees BTDC (as Peter from Edelbrock had instructed me to).

As I dialed-in the timing, the engine ran better and better (in the driveway) but when I actually drove it, it went back to stumbling and popping as before…so I drove about 10 miles then called Peter back instead of driving the entire 50 miles. Peter took me into the “Advanced Tuning” section of the app and told me what initial adjustments to make to the basic Fuel Map. He told me to call him back after another 50 miles…and this time I won’t jump the gun!

The off-idle response is significantly improved, as is the acceleration aspects up to around 40 mph. I didn’t take it on the freeway yet, so I only put about 10 more miles on it as a new (minor) issue has developed…it stalled several times when coming to a stop, unless I rolled very lightly to the stop. I might need to raise my idle slightly, or the slight build up of pressure in the gas tank is dropping my fuel pressure. I need to rectify the venting anyway, just to be sure that this isn’t a problem…but it’s apparent that the “self-learning” needs to have time to make adjustments as well as some more tweaking with the help of Peter.

Woody
Old 11-14-2023, 10:13 AM   #63
HO455
Post Whore

Sounds like progress to me. As they say "It's the journey, not the destination". Good work and thanks for posting, we're all learning along with you.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote