The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
SuperDuperDoughnuts

Door Locks

Is the barn door lock and front door lock interchangable? Looking to get a matching lock set and was hoping to use something like this:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/lock-set...-1966/p/LDI28/

Says it's for the front doors, glove box, and ignition, but I'm hoping to use one of the front door locks on the barn door. My passenger door has no key lock, which I'm fine with.
SuperDuperDoughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:13 AM   #2
61ChevyPanel

Re: Door Locks

My barn door lock uses the same key as my side doors & glove box. I've swapped doors on the truck so I probably just transferred the original lock cylinders. That's a pretty simple job. I would think any locksmith should be able to get all the locks keyed the same for a reasonable amount if you bring them the handles or lock cylinders.
61ChevyPanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
SuperDuperDoughnuts

Re: Door Locks

My glove box has no lock on it. I don't have the keys to the doors. I figured I could get two birds with one stone here and buy a kit like the linked one above and I'd have a common key for the ignition, glove box and doors. I don't need one on the passenger door, as it's an unkeyed door and I'm fine with keeping it that way, so I was hoping to use the one for the passenger door on the barndoor.
SuperDuperDoughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote