The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Interior

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
TLoz

Interior Plastic Repair

I just wanted to share a product that really works. My console for my suburban had numerous cracks. Epoxy wouldn't stick. Found a product called Plasticfix. First I cleaned and cleaned the complete console. Using a dremel, I stop drilled the cracks and vee'd the cracks. I cleaned and cleaned again. I then used the powder in the kit filled the cracks and dripped the activator on the powder. Allowed it to cure and then sanded down. Cleaned and cleaned again. Sprayed adhesion promoter (S.E.M) and then sprayed color. After two coats dried, I sprayed a wet coat and used a paper towel to simulate the console texture. I've heated it up to 120 degrees and worked it and it didn't crack or chip. Got a couple of pics. Let me know if anyone is interested in more details. It took about 3 hrs over 3 days to complete. It was really easy. Later, Tom
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
grs

Re: Interior Plastic Repair

I just painted my door panels. First I cleaned them with Prep Solvent. This removes grease and way. If someone put armor all on the panels you will have trouble. Don't ever use it. Next I scrubbed them with comet. Rinsed that off. Then I cleaned them with TPC. You can get it at a hardware store. Then I cleaned them with Isopropyl Alcohol. Then I sprayed them with a light coat of Klean Strip- BullDog adhesion promoter. Let it flash dry for about 5 to 10 minutes. Do this a second time. Then I sprayed them with SEM gloss black vinyl paint. Let dry 10 minutes spray again. I don't know how well the paint will stick. I just did what the paint store told me to do. I also painted the arm rest.
Attached Images

Closed Thread