The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
hbaublit

Different bag questions

I have read through over 100 pages of threads and I haven't found my answer to my questions, however I have found a lot of other interesting stuff.My questions are
1. What is the thickest lowering block I can run in the back?
2. I have a 10" step notch, do I need to weld a crossbar on the front or back or both on top of the notch? or neither?
I see some guys putting their bags on a bracket that is welded on the bottom of the axle housing and the top on the crossbar on the notch instead of on the trailing arm.
3 Is this a better setup than on the trailing arm? Or does it just get you lower?

My setup
1970 Chevy Step side C-10
Plan on buying Dominator 2600 for the front
Plan on buying Dominator 2500 for the back
Plan on cutting the A-arms and welding a cup in them

All I have bought is the 10" step notch so if I am going in the wrong direction, somebody please put me back on track before I spend my money

1970 Chevy Step
hbaublit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
tech@scottshotrods

Re: Different bag questions

I have read through over 100 pages of threads and I haven't found my answer to my questions, however I have found a lot of other interesting stuff.My questions are
1. What is the thickest lowering block I can run in the back?
I personally wouldn't run anything over a 4" block..2. I have a 10" step notch, do I need to weld a crossbar on the front or back or both on top of the notch? or neither? I would recommend running support bars on the notch both front and backI see some guys putting their bags on a bracket that is welded on the bottom of the axle housing and the top on the crossbar on the notch instead of on the trailing arm.
3 Is this a better setup than on the trailing arm? Or does it just get you lower?
Both set ups are good set ups a cati set-up off the trailing arm will give you more travel and you'll want to run a double convoluted bad. as for the on top or behind the axle your gonna want to run a rolling sleeve bag has more over all travel at the bag and has a liener spring rate which you want when dealing with a 1:1 ratio
My setup
1970 Chevy Step side C-10
Plan on buying Dominator 2600 for the front
Plan on buying Dominator 2500 for the back
Plan on cutting the A-arms and welding a cup in them

All I have bought is the 10" step notch so if I am going in the wrong direction, somebody please put me back on track before I spend my money
you are missing alot of the components, bags and notchs are a small part of the set up...
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: Different bag questions

Lowering block thickness depends on what diameter wheels you are using:
15" rim, 1-1/2" max block thickness

16" dia. wheels, 2" max. block thickness

18"dia. wheels, 3" max. block thockness

20" dia. wheels, 4" max. block thickness.
Never violate scrub line requirements, the life you save may be your own. Keep this in mind when cupping the front a-arms too.

Last edited by lakeroadster; 05-20-2011 at 05:54 PM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote