The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Hart_Rod

Re: Gauges used for LSx swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_OK View Post
The only sensor used was the oil pressure. Everthing else comes from the PCM (speed, tach, and water temp). 2005 5.3, with the factory harness I modified.
Crash - I think I may have found the answer to this. I was talking to the guy building the harness for my son's truck and he told me you can go into the tune and turn this feature on. Here's a screenshot of where you go in HPTuners. Go to system, and select the options tab. Then add a 1 in the oil pressure column. Let me know if it works.
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
t300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Crash - I think I may have found the answer to this. I was talking to the guy building the harness for my son's truck and he told me you can go into the tune and turn this feature on. Here's a screenshot of where you go in HPTuners. Go to system, and select the options tab. Then add a 1 in the oil pressure column. Let me know if it works.
Anyone ever try this and can confirm if it works or not for oil pressure?
t300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
chevy72blu

Looks like speedhut came out with a Cable X competitor that also has the benefit of GPS (if you so choose, it can also connect to VSS).

http://www.speedhut.com/Speedbox.html

Blog reviews are very favorable. I think I'm gonna go this way rather than the S10 speedo swap. I was hesitant to go with Cable X because of the noise complaints (not that my truck is quiet in the cab lol).

Also, I've been running the stock mech. oil pressure gauge for nearly 2 years now. It reads high, of course (and pegs out at high RPM) but it seems to work well. At first I was concerned about the high pressure breaking the gauge (and dousing me in hot oil) but so far so good.

I completed the box body Voltimeter swap and I'm happy with it. To the untrained eye it looks stock and works great.

New fuel gauge from LMC is working but calibration is off. When full it reads 7/8th of a tank and about 1/2 tank reads empty. Im using a Boyd's rear tank and GM 0-90 ohm sender. Strange....

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote