The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #1
G-NUT

Stock suburban 25 gallon fuel tank dimension, specifically from the flange up?

Anyone have or can get me the fuel tank dimensions for a squarebody suburban 25 gallon fuel tank? Of more importance is the distance from the flange on the tank to the top of the tank; (The flange that presses against the frame rails when mounting).

I have found on Advance Auto Parts website the overall dimensions of some of the 25 gallon tanks they sell, but I really need the dimension from the mounting flange to the top of the tank or the top of the tank's fill neck.

I have a 1984 C10 Suburban. I removed the 41 gallon tank to replace it with a 25 gallon tank (so that it didn't hang so low below the body). For some reason the 25 gal tank I bought from Advanced Auto has the tank filler neck sitting far to high, about 3 inches to high, it hits the floor and is higher than the filler neck. I've already sold off my 41 gal tank so I don't have the measurement from the mounting flange to the to of the tank and / or tank fill neck.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
G-NUT

Re: Stock suburban 25 gallon fuel tank dimension, specifically from the flange up?

Never mind.

I forgot that I cut out the xmember that the old fuel tank pressed up against because it was in the way of where the Porterbuilt c-notch was to go into. So I have added 2 pieces of angle iron between the frame rails where the new fuel tank will raise up against.

Got it covered.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote