The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
DURRTY
USMC

Re: PO has me PO'd

WOW you have a good hand for this work! I cant believe i haven't seen this thread till today.
How is the door-cab alignment working out?

It looks like there is no bracing to help hold it straight but your work looks EXTREMELY straight.

Just wondering, in about a month I am going to be doing basically the same work to mine and will use this thread as reference fer sure!!

A note on welding over screws and other things that are not part of the two pieces getting welded together. It is not a good idea, on sheet metal you can likely get away with no problems if the screws are not coated or made from alloys because the sheet metal is not a going to be stressed so much and its getting sanded smooth so you will see if the weld is jacked. BUT if you are welding something that will be structural and you want it to hold as a weld should make sure the metal is as clean as you possibly can get it even if you have wire or rod that is made for rusty/durrty metal try and get it clean. Do not have anything else in the weld area like bolts and washers they wont fuse the same and may cause nasty porosity and defects. Wich will cause it to fail down the road.

Last edited by DURRTY; 06-28-2008 at 10:10 PM.
DURRTY is offline   Reply With Quote