The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #1
Six862m6

Re: Washer Pump Size Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter757 View Post
I did see that he found it. OUT OF STOCK.....story of my life.
Yea but there's hope! Ha. If Eckler's has it, it means it exists and may be available elsewhere. Also, I would email Eckler's and see if they have any kind of a time frame on when they'll have some back in stock.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #2
Hunter757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six862m6 View Post
Yea but there's hope! Ha. If Eckler's has it, it means it exists and may be available elsewhere. Also, I would email Eckler's and see if they have any kind of a time frame on when they'll have some back in stock.

you are correct, did some searching and came across this:

https://www.zip-corvette.com/63-67-w...0aAhJwEALw_wcB

Now I know its for a corvette but its the same years and chevrolet so I took a chance and order one. Will update and let you know if it works. There are a few other kits out there with the full rebuild kit for the corvette and these guys sell that as well. Let's hope it works!!
Hunter757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #3
Six862m6

Quote:

Now I know its for a corvette but its the same years and chevrolet so I took a chance and order one. Will update and let you know if it works. There are a few other kits out there with the full rebuild kit for the corvette and these guys sell that as well. Let's hope it works!!
Nice find as well! I hope it does work as I will definitely pick one up too if so. My dash is going to be apart for some time as I have a hefty lead time on the radio I purchased for the truck. If that works, I'll go ahead and take the pump back down and install it as well.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
Six862m6

Quote:

Hey Hunter757, did you end up buying/installing that diaphragm yet by chance? Anything to report?
Old 11-15-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Hunter757

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did get in and it was a perfect match for the old one and fit into the housing with no issues what so ever.

Have not had a chance to reinstall it yes was why I have not reported back yet. I see no reason for it not to work.

Just remember this: When taking the old one out you have to spin the large dial with gears to get the arm to release you can grab and twist the old diaphragm off and you must do the same when installing it. A bit tricky at first but you will know when you have locked onto the stud.

As soon as I get reinstalled will 100% report back. Been really wet and its hunting season.
Hunter757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #6
Six862m6

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did get in and it was a perfect match for the old one and fit into the housing with no issues what so ever.

Have not had a chance to reinstall it yes was why I have not reported back yet. I see no reason for it not to work.

Just remember this: When taking the old one out you have to spin the large dial with gears to get the arm to release you can grab and twist the old diaphragm off and you must do the same when installing it. A bit tricky at first but you will know when you have locked onto the stud.

As soon as I get reinstalled will 100% report back. Been really wet and its hunting season.
Good to hear!