The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Donzie

My new '67 project.

So here's my story.
Buying this truck from my cousin. He moved out of state and left it in his mothers backyard about 5 yrs ago. I saw it 3 yrs ago and have been wanting it ever since. I believe it's from Texas since there's a TX plate laying on floor.
Super solid with faded paint.
Here's what he emailed about the truck.

"It's a 67 Chevy c-10
Has a 454 big block, that I put a bunch on parts on including; Headman ceramic coated headers, aftermarket intake which I believe is a Weiand, Edelbrock carburetor, and a bunch of chrome.
Last I knew I was running technically but I think may need some work or be partially rebuilt. I was driving it and it started knocking so I shut it off. Possibly a rod or bearing, I'm not sure. I never had the chance to get into it.
It has a 700r4 transmission that was professionally built and it suppose to be good to 700 horsepower.
I put in a lock-rite locker in the 12 bolt rear end which has aftermarket gears but I can't remember the ratio.
The exhaust is 3" run though Flow-master 2 chamber exhaust dumped by the rear axle, which sounds awesome but might be a little loud for some people. But it wouldn't take much to run it out the back to quit it down.
There are a bunch of new seals for the windows and doors and I think there might even be the original back window for it which was taken out and replaced with a slider."

I'm selling the motor and possibly the rearend.
I have a rebuilt 235 that I'll put in it.
I went tonite to have another look before I pull the trigger.
Here's a pic.
Thanks for reading my thread. I'm exciting about this project!!!
Attached Images