The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
jimbosprint

Re: '72 Cheyenne K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post

Yet another example of why I love TEXAS.
I won't have to take my trucks in for inspection. Ever.
jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
I won't have to take my trucks in for inspection. Ever.
Cool truck. Not a good enough reason to live in CA, imo. Besides, if registered as an antique in Texas, there is no safety inspection. Texas safety inspection is actually not a big deal. If you cant pass it, i agree that the vehicle shouldn't be on the road. They only inspect for all lights to work, working wipers, horn decent brakes and tires. No emission testing on vehicles 25 years old and older.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
Ptjsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Cool truck. Not a good enough reason to live in CA, imo. Besides, if registered as an antique in Texas, there is no safety inspection. Texas safety inspection is actually not a big deal. If you cant pass it, i agree that the vehicle shouldn't be on the road. They only inspect for all lights to work, working wipers, horn decent brakes and tires. No emission testing on vehicles 25 years old and older.
For what it's worth, he (and I), live in Northern CA. Completely different from what most people view California as, and definitely nothing like San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Silicon Valley ect.

Unfortunately, we fall under the same government that these areas (azz hats), put into office.

I keep waiting for Nevada to re-align the State and reach down to pick us up! LOL!

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:04 PM   #4
MikeandCheryl

Amazing truck - it looks good as it is. I like what you've done...
We have a 72 K 4sp and will watch what you do. i'll start a build post one of these days. Curious of the lift removal (i will have mine stock), so wondering about tire size (thinking 31 x 10.5) with stock leaves at both ends. Curious about the internal gas tank and it's future. also, wondering how deep into the bones of the truck to go. I can remove the cab, take all the suspension off, the engine/tranny/diffs... and end up with a bare frame to start upwards. how necessary is this? Also, are you rebuilding diffs, t-case, tranny, or hoping 50 years of age still holds true? Trying not to make a 5 year project, but wanting a solid runner. I see function before fashion. Maybe you too.
MikeandCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:46 AM   #5
jimbosprint

Smile Re: '72 Cheyenne K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandCheryl View Post
Amazing truck - it looks good as it is. I like what you've done...
We have a 72 K 4sp and will watch what you do. i'll start a build post one of these days. Curious of the lift removal (i will have mine stock), so wondering about tire size (thinking 31 x 10.5) with stock leaves at both ends. Curious about the internal gas tank and it's future. also, wondering how deep into the bones of the truck to go. I can remove the cab, take all the suspension off, the engine/tranny/diffs... and end up with a bare frame to start upwards. how necessary is this? Also, are you rebuilding diffs, t-case, tranny, or hoping 50 years of age still holds true? Trying not to make a 5 year project, but wanting a solid runner. I see function before fashion. Maybe you too.
Thanks MikeandCheryl. 31x10.5 tires will fit these trucks with stock springs. There's a thread on here somewhere about what tire sizes fit what lifts. Replacing the gas tank in the cab is relatively easy and inexpensive. Clean fuel is a great place to start working on the engine. How far you go really depends on your goals and what you start with.

Yes, this thread is a very long read. I started with a truck that needed everything fixed after a decade of sitting. Ochre is definitely my favorite paint color, it suits the era so well.

I will watch for your build! Cheers!
jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote