The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

72CSTC5 (mod help please?)

Has anyone heard from Carlos? (72CSTC5) I know quite a few guys on here had him working on cowl panels for them. He's got one of mine, and I have been trying to get him to respond to PM's on here, email, and also left him a message. This is going on over 2 months now. I haven't paid him yet, but he does have a cowl I've paid for. If anyone has heard from him, please tell him that I need that cowl back so I can get my truck to my bodyman. Thanks guys. I don't think he's trying to screw me, he seems like a nice guy, I just need my cowl.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
STP67-72

Re: 72CSTC5 (mod help please?)

I have been trying to get a hold of him for a couple months. I have a swb bed saved for him and he has some items for me. The last time i talked to him he said he was going to be working night and day to try to get 2 trucks ready for Good Guys in Fort Worth next weekend. He had a long way to go , best i remember. He will probably show up on board after show. Hope this helps. He is a good guy, just buzy as hell like the rest of us.
68 Chevy swb fleet (Lola)
68 Chevy swb fleet
71 Chevy swb fleet ( future PB project)

97 crew cab power stroke
07 SS Trail blazer
STP67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #3
extd56

I was also trying to get in touch with him to see the status on the cowl panels as I sent him a few to do.
extd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by extd56 View Post
I was also trying to get in touch with him to see the status on the cowl panels as I sent him a few to do.
hehe, yeah, one was mine remember?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
corn

Doesnt look like he's been on here for a while either...

Last Activity: 08-16-2007 08:33 PM
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
extd56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Fleet View Post
hehe, yeah, one was mine remember?
I do remember, thought they would have been done by now.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
Mudder

Hard to tell. Does anyone have a phone number for him? He may have had health problems or something. There's usually a reason someone just drops off like that.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

67Fleet, I have a near perfect one, has a radio ant hole, yours for FREE
just pay the shipping to get it out there. No idea what it would cost ya.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 09-30-2007 at 10:17 AM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #9
ratrod67

I bought some parts from him and paid with Paypal. They didn't get shipped the 2 times he told me they were on the way. I PM'ed him a few times wondering what the deal was. I didn't hear back from him for a couple months. When I did finally get the parts they were damaged to the point of being unusable. I PM'ed him and told him the parts were damaged in shipping. Once again I didn't get a response for a couple weeks. When he finally got the PM he didn't have a problem refunding the money. He even sent a little extra I guess to cover some of my frustration. When I was dealing with him I was watching his profile to see if he was ever on the site and noticed he wasn't here for weeks at a time. He might just be busy or might have a problem with getting access to a computer. Hard to say. Sometimes life is hectic. I wouldn't have a problem buying from him again.

Last edited by ratrod67; 09-30-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #10
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 View Post

67Fleet, I have a near perfect one, has a radio ant hole, yours for FREE
just pay the shipping to get it out there. No idea what it would cost ya.
Thanks LUV, I appreciate it! I would like to give Carlos the benefit of the doubt first and see what's going on with the cowl I had extd56 send to him for me. Long story short, this is the 2nd cowl I haven't gotten back, the first was dropped off at a so-called "reputable" body shop in town that butchered it beyond repair. I'm beginning to think that having a shaved cowl is more trouble than it's worth.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
STP67-72

I talked to Carlos a couple months ago. He has some stuff i want and he wants a swb bed i have. At that time he told me he was working night and day to try to have 2 trucks ready for Good Guys in fort worth this weekend. I have tried calling and emailing him. He has done this before. He is good for everything, as far as i know.
68 Chevy swb fleet (Lola)
68 Chevy swb fleet
71 Chevy swb fleet ( future PB project)

97 crew cab power stroke
07 SS Trail blazer
STP67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
camaro__thunder
Epoxy Primer Friendly

Just got off the phone with Carols and he is having some personal issues keeping him busy along with the opening of his own shop. Give him some time.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #13
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro__thunder View Post
Just got off the phone with Carols and he is having some personal issues keeping him busy along with the opening of his own shop. Give him some time.
1/4/08 update: Well, I have given Carlos plenty of time, the benefit of the doubt, and sent numerous emails. NO response to any of them. I'm pretty pissed at this point. I understand personal issues as I finally just got done dealing with my own divorce. All I kept getting from him when I talked on the phone was a bunch of empty promises. Still no cowl. Now I can't even get him to answer his phone. I thought I was dealing with a good guy. I guess I was wrong. Screwed again.

Last edited by 67Fleet; 01-06-2008 at 01:11 PM.
67Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #14
special-K
Special Order

It`s about communication.We all go through rap,but a return all goes a long way.Even with bad news.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #15
mrein3

I made a deal with Carlos on a set of green seatbelts. We exchanged many PMs. As soon as he got my money, he went silent. I mailed him a $50 money order in August. He cashed it in September. No parts. No communications. Nothing.

As corn pointed out, 72CSTC5's last communication here on 8/16 is time stamped 5 minutes after the last PM I received from him. I sent him one on the 15th stating the MO is in the mail. He responded with he'll ship when he gets the money. Liar.

I called the cops in Deer Park, Texas. Apparently mail fraud is ok down there. They don't care either.

I'm simply left wondering, how does he sleep at night? If I stole 50 hard earned dollars from somebody I'd lay in bed at night with guilt.

After getting screwed on my last three deals on the parts board here, I've given up. Occasionally I look there but I can no longer trust stuff advertised there. I'm having a harder time finding harder to find parts but some trustworthy people I met here are still out there. I'll keep my business with them.

I joined this board in February of 2000. Not long after it started. I met a lot of good people, learned a lot, and feel I've helped many folks here. However after three bad deals in a row I no longer feel I can trust others like I used to.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

I`d feel the same way after 3 straight bad deals.It doesn`t help to hear about others with good luck.I`m sure you`ve had alot of good deals since 2000.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #17
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

after several attempts by staff to help get this resolved, not getting anywhere.. 72CSTC5 is perma banned
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #18
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Good job!!!!!!!!
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #19
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

resurrecting this thread. Carlos emailed me a couple weeks ago saying he has been banned from this site and has been dealing w/ some personal problems/issues. (not my f'ing problem!) and still plans to send my cowl. I gave him my address (again) and he told me he would only charge me the shipping charges. I have not heard from him since. Saw the other thread where 2 guys got their trucks back but I know EXTD56 still has his cowl with Carlos as well. Has anyone else talked with Carlos? I'm chalking this one up as a lost cause at this point. I have 2 of his phone numbers so if anyone needs them, please email me at UFLBret@aol.com and I will get you his info.
-Bret
Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
extd56

I have not heard from Carlos at this time.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 AM   #21
randomhero472

he's about as shady as they come man... I got dooped, and sad to see you guys get screwed as well, thats how it got with us, sparatic messaging and empty promises
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #22
mrein3

He still owes me $50. It is coming up on the one year anniversary of him stealing my $50.

thief n. One who steals.

Just think Carlos, your name will be associated with thief on the internet until the end of time. Some day a descendant of yours will be doing a research project. He or she will type Carlos Bernal into google and all that will come up is how you stole from others.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #23
VA72C10
VA72C10

Not sure who all has straightened this out or not, but he is still around and has opened up a shop of his own now. The work he's doing looks good. This is from C10forum.com today. Maybe some of you looking for parts and/or money can get with him to get this straightened out.....

Quote:

(From Carlos Bernal) http://c10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392

Okay here it goes. Partly what Don (68 Short Step) says is true. Parts where he said I stole his truck blah, blah. I never stole anything. Yes I was banned from the other site. I was going through a rough patch which at the time was my girlfriend and now my wife. I was starting up a new business and then the personal issues started. Luckily we found out that my wife had a tumor in her head on the pituatary gland that was affecting things. I didn't know at the time all of this other stuff was going on and losing my house and other things at the time due to us splitting up. I realize that one man's truck is just as important as what was going on with me but I chose my wife and my family life as a priority. I am man enough to apologize to Mr. Hulse for what had occured. If I could take it back I would. I do not even read the other site. Me owing anybody money I do not know. I have to this day some cowl panels that I never completed for people because I couldn't even get on the other site to contact them once I was banned. If I owe anyone money just tell them to contact me here or email me at bernalautodesigns@hotmail.com and I will gladly refund them their money or their part.

For the record, Don persued me with the Better Business Bureau, which I had started his truck before I started my business, but in the end I said, okay let the Better Business Bureau handle it. If I was wrong so be it, I deserve the punishment. In the end I won, Don never followed through for some reason. I have over 150 pictures of his build and all of the receipts for materials and payroll paid out and hours that I have in the build of the paint and body of his black stepside.

Did I and am I building the Grey truck that this thread is about, yes. If you PM me you are more than welcome to speak to my customer if he so chooses and I will give you his information if he lets me. I will shoot a picture of me in front of it holding up my banner sign with a date on it to show its the real deal.

Does one bad dealing constitute me being a bad person, I don't think so. Does me admitting that I was at fault make me a better person? I don't know. Do I admit that I had a bad deal between myself and Mr. Hulse? Yes. Was it my fault? Yes. Did I intentionally mean any harm to Mr. Hulse or anyone else? No. Who would?

Mr. Hulse I am officially apologizing to you for the business transaction you and I had together. I am truly sorry. Have a nice day.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #24
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

If he contacts us here, we can allow him on to respond to this post and the issues he has had. I have yet to get an email or contact from him about any of it that I recall. I can empathize with the medical issues and hope all is well health wise now. But the lack of respect in never providing a response is bad business period. I look forward to hearing from him, if someone can get the message to him.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #25
68jewel
On the path to financial ruin!

That's a bunch of hogwash about him not knowing if he owes some people money. One knows if he owes someone money, just as if one knows if money is owed to him. Also, he states he couldn't contact anyone after he was banned. What about contacting them with the gazillion phone calls and messages they left his cell phone prior to getting banned. Now, Lord bless his wife it all that is sadi is true. But, the story has to be made to sound good so he can try to clarify his name after people has found him out about how he has done wrong. Oh, and Liz, I doubt he will contact here....just watch and see what I tell you.

Ooh Wee's Makeover...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=376280

Last edited by 68jewel; 04-09-2010 at 03:04 PM.
68jewel is offline   Reply With Quote