The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #26
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Re: Bad Deal with bryanschevyparts---

I have dealt with bryan before....I bought a new glove box emblem from him.....I paid for it and it did take a long time to get it, but it was a very nice item.....PICKMUP, I hope you get your money for your items back....It's a shame that a person would take advantage of your kindness by returning his money before getting your covers first....That sir is a stand up way of doing business.....I just hope it doesn't bite you.....
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #27
budman k20
1972 K20

I'm new to the board but not playing with trucks! The first time I delt with Bryan I bought over 800 dollars of parts all for a fair price. I have met him in person and he did not give me any kind of vibe that he was trying to hustle me? I got the feeling he is hooked on these trucks like most of us. I still am buying parts from him now as I work on my latest project. Hope your seat deai gets resolved to your sasitifaction before this thread gets personal. I thought I should let others know that I had a positive experience.
budman k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #28
bryanschevyparts

I have been reading all of the posts that have been posted to this thread and I can't but feel really disapointed . I started rebuilding my truck's a couple of years ago, and was pleased when I found this forum for myself and others to talk, buy, sell, ect. I have had very few unpleasant experiences on this board. Most everyone that I have had conversations or transactions with, have been great and I feel they would say the same about me. As for this post, people name-calling (half of them don't know me and I have never dealt with before), and people saying I have built a bad reputation, I can only say that they are wrong. I bought the seat covers with the expectation that they were quality. I thought this because I was told that they were. When I recievied them, paid to have them installed and they looked horrible, I was not mad, I did not call him names or bad mouth him. When I talked to Frank and sent multiple pics to let him know the situation, he agreed. He agreed that they were crap, he agreed that it was the covers that were poor quality and not the install. Anyone with a brain knows the paying a good price doesn't nessesarlly mean poor workmanship. If this were the case, paying decent money for the seat covers would mean I would have recievied something decent. Frank agreed to a refund, but there was still the fact that I paid money to have crap installed on my seats and would have to pay more money to have them taken off. I have probably drug my feet a little making a decision on what I do at this point, because now I have money put into something. Frank claims that we had a number of little deals set up, and thats not true. Frank was throwing ideas at me to close the deal. A deal I didn't create, he did. I never said yes to any of these little deals. I am so sick and tired of the situation. When this all started and I realized what I paid for, I was dissapointed but I just figured thats the way it goes sometimes. When I read this post I was pissed for the first time in the whole situation. He can recreate everything in his own words, but the bottom line is.... they are his words. He can twist them to make them say anything he wants. As for everyone jumping in and throwing logs on the fire, it is easy to pick a side when you only have one side to choose from. None of you heard the other side of the story and had no problem talking s$@*. I want this done with and can't believe how far it's been taken. I have no problem paying Frank the amount that we agreed on. i will pay him tomorrow. I would really appreciate if frank would post the pics of the covers so that everyone that seems to know me and think I am shady can really see what we all have been talking about. I am really interested to see if everyone that puts time, money, and hard work into their truck projects would be happy with what I am stuck with. I will be on here first thing tomorrow ( Sat, Dec 6) and hope that we can settle this finally and move on.
MSGROSS/hartrod...............the buddy buckets were never for sale separate and I never agreed to the deal that was proposed ( to part them out). I had them listed how I wanted to sell them and when nobody was interested in them as one piece I pulled the listing because I was being bombarded with questions and people wanting more pics. I couldn't keep up and didn't have the time. Are we done yet ???

Last edited by bryanschevyparts; 12-07-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: pics on page 3
bryanschevyparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #29
70LonghornCST

I don't know the details of the "buddy seat deal," but I do know that Bryan provided honest, great service to me. I have been buying stuff online for quite some time via ebay. My ebay ID is rmsmithsantacruz. I have dealt with over 1000 people online. (See my feedback) http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=p3911.c0.m198

My point in this is that compared to all of my dealings on ebay, Bryan has come across as one of the most honorable of the people with whom I have dealt online. He could have easily taken my money and never sent my item; but he didn't. Furthermore, based on my many correspondenses with him in regards to our transaction, I had no reservations about sending him my money, or fears of not getting my product. I have dealt with many people and I can smell a rat a mile a way. Bryan, my brothers, is not one of those people whom cannot be trusted. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

But like I said, I do not know what has gone on with the deal on which this thread is based, but I can honestly envison Bryan as being a stand-up kind of person. With honest, open communication, I know it can be resolved. I hope this all gets worked out.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 12-06-2008 at 02:15 AM.
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #30
msgross

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanschevyparts View Post
MSGROSS/hartrod...............the buddy buckets were never for sale separate and I never agreed to the deal that was proposed ( to part them out). I had them listed how I wanted to sell them and when nobody was interested in them as one piece I pulled the listing because I was being bombarded with questions and people wanting more pics. I couldn't keep up and didn't have the time. Are we done yet ???
If that was the case then a simple "sorry, but they aren't being seperated" statement would have been nice. What did we get? We got no response for a day or two and a deleted thread, this was after you pm'd us and asked us to make you an offer. You can't deny any of that.

Then we find another posting selling them again...

Then another posting in the parts board stating that you put them on ebay, with no link... and then bragging that you sold them for $800... this after a few people showed interest in paying your asking price... what happened to that thread? DELETED... again..

As I stated, all I was dissapointed in was the way it was all handled. If someone won't ship then state, "NO SHIPPING", if they won't negotiate then state "PRICE FIRM" and if they won't part something then "WILL NOT PART" will suffice. I can't see how anyone would be upset with any of those responses...

I hold no hard feelings against you, and wish you the best with your sales.
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
As for everyone jumping in and throwing logs on the fire, it is easy to pick a side when you only have one side to choose from. None of you heard the other side of the story and had no problem talking s$@*. I want this done with and can't believe how far it's been taken. I have no problem paying Frank the amount that we agreed on. i will pay him tomorrow. I couldn't keep up and didn't have the time. Are we done yet ???
I knew the whole, story.. both sides.. as did Josh. In the end you have the seats, and the money. Thats screwing someone over no matter how you look at it. It does not matter though, as you know the truth inside

This has gone as far as you have allowed it to. This mediation that we are stuck in with you all has been going on for weeks. Had you sent him the money or the covers, you would not be in this situation at all. If you have no problem paying him, then why in the heck have we been stuck in the middle of this for over a month? Please, do whats right... As far as not keeping up and not having time, then why are you still selling? I hope you do send out the parts you have going now in a timely manner.

we likely would be done with this if a few things did not happen.
1. we did not get multiple complaints on your selling that had to be dealth with.
2. threads were not deleted and restarted (it is a scamming practice) though it is your prerogative to do so if you wish
3. this whole seat deal was done months ago, instead of wasting my and Josh's time and energy with it.. when you say now you have no issue paying.
4. If I would stop getting forwarded PMs from folks where you have been PMn them ASKING them to post here about your dealings. You sent out all those messages, you continued this on.

After seeing that, knowing the other "shady" deals, and knowing how long this had been going on with Frank. I really would recommend you look up QBQ and read it.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
bryanschevyparts

pm sent to frank =pics of the seats .
Old 12-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #33
bryanschevyparts

Just for the record, I have paid for the seats. I paid for them in the very beginning. Frank refunded my money when they were bad. I don't like the insinuation that I have some grand plan to get things for free and don't pay for things. I have said that I am willing to pay for the covers and be done with it. I don't know why you would encourage people to take things out of context by posting bits and pieces of a thread, except to create drama. I am sure Frank has read this and I want him to know I want to conclude this. pics=money
Old 12-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #34
bryanschevyparts

I figured I would go head and post them for Frank.

Last edited by bryanschevyparts; 12-11-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #35
bryanschevyparts

Frank.you have paypal thanks Bryan
Old 12-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #36
68 short step

ugggg, those are crappy fitting/ installed.....i know nothing of this story, untill now.....and i see both sides.... bryan is out money cause he paid to have them installed, and is gonna have to pay more to have them un-installed......and frank is out money cause he refunded you, and you kept the $$ and the covers... my thoughts are this, frank did what was right and PROMPTLY refunded you the $$ with the expectation of getting the crappy covers back, and/or the manufacture would get them back...i understand the situation, and your beef should be between the manufacture, not frank....id see if i could recoupe your $$ lost for all the installs/un-installs becaue of their covers.....and if they refuse, frank should drop their products...... just my thoughts....

Last edited by 68 short step; 12-06-2008 at 02:17 PM.
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #37
bryanschevyparts

i have sent Frank his money back.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #38
68 short step

Quote:
Frank.you have paypal thanks Bryan
you did good, now both of ya'll need to contact the manufacure, and get compensated for ya'll time/$$.....im not flameing either of ya'll, you guys both did good..
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #39
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Thanks Liz & Josh for all your time on this issue.
Here is a link to some nice CST buckets with the same PUI covers for comparison. Good shops do good work! http://ads.auctionads.com/pagead/lin...3AIT&viewitem=
...and here are a few more pics of the install on Bryan's seats.
I accepted Bryan's "Deal" of $156 payment (My cost was $229).
If anyone ever doesn't like a part they get from me, I will always refund their money. If you get a part that you think isn't built right, contact the manufacturer and see if they can make it right/better.
I contacted PUI immediately and provided the pics. They questioned the install because of all those being sold and used. I even offered to provide them with a full set of seats and new repro foams to use to re-evaluate their covers. I did not want to post this thread...Bryan did!
Attached Images

Last edited by PICKMUP; 12-06-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: pics
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #40
bryanschevyparts

if you guys look close at the pics in franks link ,that is what i should have received .notice the EXTRA pieces that cover the hinge area !! then compare the pics of the seat covers i have...you be the judge??
Old 12-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #41
schwoch1
Local Detroit diesel nut!

WELL.............. Since someone started the same thread I wanted too but never did, I will add to it so people can see what he did/didn't do for me.
Bryan had some trailing arms for sale that I replied to on 9-11 and we came to an agreement with shipping and some other parts that I needed. I paid him with paypal on 9-12 in the amount that we agree upon.
I waited and waited and waited and never seen anything come to me. I PM'd him several times and got several stories like 'the parts are still on the truck' or ' I forgot about them' or 'I am really busy right now, I will get them shipped this week'. I sent him 8PM's total asking for tracking numbers, where is my stuff, etc and finally I had it and told him that I was losing my patience with the matter and it was bordering on being stupid at this point. I got a PM back from him (finally) telling me that I was flipping out and that he was going to stop selling on the board because 'IM just really tired of trying to help people out ,with NO appreciation.'
SOOOO, after 2 more PM's asking what he was going to do I finally did get a refund 11-5 with no warning, etc just got an email from paypal saying I had a refund. I emailed him stating my position and why I was unhappy with the whole deal, and I got some not so nice responses from him. Our PM's ended with him stating 'will you go away' and I have been fuming about it sever since. I maintained my civility about the whole matter right up to the end and then I lost it, I sent him a two word sentance that summed up how I felt about him.....
Basically what killed the deal on his end is that he undershot the shipping price on the items and never bothered to email me and ask if I would pay more in shipping. Hell, I live about 6.5 hours away, I would of darn near drove there if I had to, I have friends in the area that I could of visited on the way!!! He told me that he had better thing to do than drive around with junk parts in the bed of his truck and get the lowest shipping quote for people.
The whole situation still pisses me off even though I got refunded, I just can't understand why I was treated me that way. If he didn't want to sell me the stuff, than don't post it on the board, pretty darn simple I think!!!!!!
He was my first purchase off the board of 3 so far, and I got shafted on the first two, I hope I have other good deals to come in the future.
Buyer beware I do have to say when dealing with this clown, like the song 'Walk, don't run' get the heck away from any dealings with him as fast as possible!!!
Sorry for the long winded post, it was time that others heard about my story!!!

Mike

Last edited by schwoch1; 12-07-2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: had to edit spelling, finners too big for laptop keyboard
schwoch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #42
bryanschevyparts

Hi guys.well i will say you are right on a few things i did sell you the t arms .and i also did give you a shipping quote and it was way off!! and yes i did give you all of your money back after trying very hard to get my end of the deal done trying to find a shipper that would ship them to you for the quote i gave you. then i refunded you your money back and we both agreed that this was just a bad deal for the both of us and i told you i was really sorry it just did not work out .and i will say it again i am really sorry on the deal-Bryan i also hope that we can put this behind us and move on .
Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 AM   #43
Stitch
Account Suspended

I will add my 2 pennies in this...first off, let me say that I don't know either person in the seat cover ordeal, but I can tell you that I have been doing upholstery work for more than 12 years now and I run a shop that puts out quality work...I have installed PUI covers in the past...I will say that they are not the best covers ever sewn up, but better than most...now on to what they look like installed...the two pics that Bryan posted, the backrest cover is not pulled down far enough and bottom cover was not pulled back far enough before it was rung down - period...according to those pictures, they were not installed correctly...if someone installed them that knew what they were doing, and they were that ill fitting, there are ways to get around it and still make the seat look good...the other pics, show staples on a seam..that cover should have been pulled off and taken up with a seam if it was that baggy or they should fixed/added foam in the seat...I can tell you that the covers were not installed right at all...that's an opinion from a professional...if you want, I can show you what a seat cover is supposed to look like when installed correctly...I have more than enough pics of my work...also, I don't think it should be the sellers obligation to compensate you for your bad decision of choosing the wrong person to install the covers...sorry for the long post, but I wanted to clear the air on the install on the covers...thanks...

Chuck.

Last edited by Stitch; 12-07-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:28 AM   #44
bryanschevyparts

these covers are flawed anyway you slice it .look at the pics on franks post .and it will clearly show the difference .bad install/defective/flawed/2nds. bottom line is they are not good fitting covers.i will post more pics of the many (flaws)crooked stitching.under sewn.missing pieces .chuncks missing on the covers .your always going to get some random guy throwing his professional/expert option .we see it every day thanks for your concern
Old 12-07-2008, 03:33 AM   #45
Stitch
Account Suspended

first off, I don't play the whole "pm me and talk down to me" game...here's your pm you sent me so everyone can see Bryan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanschevyparts
well thanks for your 2-cents, but how would you explain the missing fabric for lack of a better word sleeves i have had a number of seat covers for the buddy seats made .not bought from a company.and they did not not even come close to looking like these what so ever .maybe yo need to see more pics b4 you are 100% shure .and the crocked sewing all over under sewn.over sewn.ect thanks again for your your 2-cents and i am not fully conviiced that you just happed to stumble across this thread.also this was not a poll of sorts-good day

now to reply to you where everyone can see it, I have nothing to hide...I will try to answer you the best that I can...it's very hard to read your post and understand it with the bad grammar, no punctuation, and misspelled words...first off you asked how I explain the missing fabric...I don't see any missing fabric, as a matter or fact I see where there was an abundance of fabric and they stapled the seam...that's tacky...also, about me needing to see more pics or the seats, feel free to post them...I will tell you that PUI is the manufacturer that Year One uses and Chip Foose uses Year One...so they can't be all that bad, like I said not best and not the worst...onto the next statement you made about me not "just happed to stumble across this thread"...actually, I did stumble across this thread...I am in the process of buying things for my truck and wanted to check the deals forum before sending out any money to anyone and I 'happed' across this thread in the process...and about this not being a poll...you're right it's not a poll, but there was a question as to whether the covers had been installed correctly or not and no one had given a professional opinion on it yet so I did...don't be so quick to be defensive, it makes you look guilty...thanks for jumping on me for making an unbiased analysis of the installation job of the seat covers...

Chuck.

Last edited by Stitch; 12-07-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 AM   #46
Stitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
these covers are flawed anyway you slice it .look at the pics on franks post .and it will clearly show the difference .bad install/defective/flawed/2nds. bottom line is they are not good fitting covers.i will post more pics of the many (flaws)crooked stitching.under sewn.missing pieces .chuncks missing on the covers .your always going to get some random guy throwing his professional/expert option .we see it every day thanks for your concern
I don't see any missing chunks or pieces on any of the pictures that Frank posted...I also don't see crooked stitching either...I DO see staples that can plainly be seen and are tacky and a lazy attempt at making the covers fit better...I also see that where you are talking about the stitching being crooked is actually the seam allowance on the inside of the cover laying one way and then the opposite way and the opposite way again making the cover look like it's crooked, but it's actually the way the cover was INSTALLED...your installer does NOT know what he's doing as far as I can tell from the pictures that have been posted...thanks again...

Chuck.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:45 AM   #47
bryanschevyparts

i want to thank you for hijacking the thread and also your for your 2-cents also did Frank or i ask you for your 2-cents??
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #48
Stitch
Account Suspended

first off I didn't hijack the thread, I actually kept it completely on topic...that topic being the seat covers that were sold to you according to the first post in this thread...also, this is a free forum and I will post my professional opinion whenever I think it's needed, especially to keep someone from getting hosed by someone else that's trying to make the seller look bad when it was actually the buyers poor decision after the sale...and for the fact that no one asked me for my 2 cents, you made a general statement to "you guys" about being the judge in this post...

Quote:
if you guys look close at the pics in franks link ,that is what i should have received .notice the EXTRA pieces that cover the hinge area !! then compare the pics of the seat covers i have...you be the judge??
and I was the judge and told you what I thought....just because it's not what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it's not the truth or that it shouldn't be said...

on a side note...now that you got the covers for a song, you can take those covers to a reputable interior shop and they can install the right way...they still look salvageable from the pictures...they just need to be installed correctly...thanks again...

Chuck.

Last edited by Stitch; 12-07-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #49
special-K
Special Order

This thread is open to all board members.All related comments welcomed.I just stumbled on here,too.And,not for the same reason.It`s up on the menu page and I clicked it directly.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-07-2008 at 01:26 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #50
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
i want to thank you for hijacking the thread and also your for your 2-cents also did Frank or i ask you for your 2-cents??
I have several forwards of PMs from members that you sent. They send them to me asking why you had, and or not happy about being contacted over this. My suggestion is to keep it in the thread and stop the behind the scenes stuff. That only makes you appear bad to many.

I sent you a PM as well, in reply to another. I hope you can work past the issues here and learn from it.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote